Bump Envy?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
I know this sounds silly but do any of you look at the 'your bumps' thread and get kind of jealous of how perfect some peoples bumps are? :dohh:

I'm really quite small still and when I see girls that are at the same stage or 2 weeks ahead with a massive, round, beautiful bump I get quite disappointed and jealous :cry:

I know what you mean. I thought I was small but it totally popped out around 30 weeks. (My pic is me at 26 weeks)

I liked to think that my bump was smaller because my stomach muscles are stronger and it won't take me so long to get back into shape after LO is born- not to mention the stretch marks!

Alas, I'm freaking HUGE now and envy little bumps! lol

Blah11, .. i m the same my bump is quite small and i ve look at the aviator the first message after your post and thats a lovely round bump at 26 weeks and i m thinking oh i m only a week of that and its not like that.

But i think its like jammy jojo said that it probally will just get to a point where it pops. I must admit i took some fotos last week and i can see there is a change, but you can still see the abs at the top of my belly ... suppose my next week they'll be gone.

Everyone carries different , i m must admit i like being petite as i know that baby is measuring at the correct size and i m also outting on weight , plus just think you dont wanna put on too much for your body frame as it might take longer to get off after ...jeje

See your 26 week pic is SO much bigger than I am now :( Suppose it's typical, wanting what you don't have! This is my 25 week pic.
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/25.jpg

My auntie is a midwife and was all ';o why would you want a massive bump anyway?!' I have an appointment next thurs and I'm a bit worried that I'm not gonna measure big enough for my dates. Maybe I'll take another one later so I can see the difference :)

when i was pregnant with Joshua i was huge, bigger than the other 2,
i would look at ladies with cute small bumps and think GRRRR why cant that be me :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

lol

I've seen smaller! Yours is exact to mine at around 22 or so weeks (this is my 2nd pregnancy too, so I would show sooner) If they have any concerns about your bump size then they'll send you for a growth scan.
You are very slim too though hun. Your Aunty is right though- why would you want a massive bump?! I whacked mine getting off the bus yesterday and generally bang it on a door handle every time I leave the freaking room!

Aw :(

Well I know that Ema had a teeny neat bump and her Jacob was just shy of 8lbs so obviously size of bump doesn't dictate how big the baby will be!

Oh well atleast I look a bit pregnant now :) Still wish I was big enough to get a seat on the bus LOL

Its great that your aunt is a midwife , wait till ya appointment and see if you measuring correct etc.

If your eating correct and all that i wouldn t worry as its just your body developing how it should.

I would post a pic of mine at 24 weeks but haven t the foggest how to, might put it on my avaitor i know how to do that ...lol.

Your bump is like mine was at 22 weeks also .

you may have a growth spurt blah :)
just think the smaller you are the easier it will be to get back to pre-pregnancy body :)

I've still managed to gain 25lbs :rofl:

I do! I don't have a bump at all as I have FAT! :rofl:

Ive gained about a stone so far, so if you have gained 25 lbs , i dont think they can see your not putting the correct weight on 4 ya dates.

I'm only a little bit bigger than you but I know what you mean cos I get bump envy too!!! I had a very flat tight stomach before I got pregnant and the midwife was saying the other day that my stomach muscles are very strong - you look very slim too so its prob stomach muscles holding it in. But I still want a big bump!!!!!

Ive gained about a stone so far, so if you have gained 25 lbs , i dont think they can see your not putting the correct weight on 4 ya dates.

Yeah but they measure you with a tapemeasure to make sure your uterus is high enough. They don't really care about weight anymore (thank god :rofl:)

Thanks everyone, I feel better now and not so silly :hugs:

The only reason I am bigger i think is because I had weight there at the start. And I still get jealous of people who have proper looking bumps while mine just looks like fat :( Your bump is nice and neat and you would know your pregnant I just look a mess.

I don't really compare. We've all got such different body shapes that our bumps are bound to be very different too.

And Blah - I don't think any bump is big enough to get a seat on a bus! I had to fight for one the other day people telling me no they couldn't possibly move an inch to allow me to sit on a folding seat! I very definitely look pregnant now but people just don't look and don't care!

Thats true Blah , cos very time i have went to my appointment the take my BP and then my weight but the thing she comments is when she is measuring my bumps height and then thats when she comments on if its the correct size for the term etc.

Your fine ..... and your going to have a lovely round bump soon , when you reach your pop stage.

I think Im quite big for my stage and that worries me because im only going to get bigger and get massive disgusting stretchmarks and then struggle to get back to my normal size 8. Your lucky really you prob wont get stretchmarks and your figure will bounce right back!

can i just say a large bump does not = a big baby!!!
i had a huge bump and i mean huge. everyone thought i was having twins.

my baby was a teeny 5ibs 3ozs!!!! i was carrying so much water! i put on about 3.5stone and i lost 2stone 3ibs staight after the birth!!! so try not to worry over your bump size.

Christine
XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back