Bump Nicknames

Ria_Rose

Mum to JJ & expecting #2
Reaction score
This might have been posted somewhere before but I couldn't see it.

I know my Mum and Dad used to call me Beno before I was born, because the book said I was the size and shape of a Bean and my Mum didn’t want to call me an ‘it. My friend Claire had IVF and called her embryos Frank and Fred.

So far we’ve jokingly called it Eric (despite the fact I think it will be a girl)

Do any of your have nicknames for your bump or unborn baby?

My mum used to call me babybeeps and still does. :hissy:

I call bump "bump," "fidget," and the most common when I'm in pain "your child!" (to my OH obviously.)

We call our baby Hamlet. Our last name ends i ham, so. I also refer to it as wiggle worm when it is bouncing around in there.

We call ours BOB, short for Baby on board! The name has really stuck now, we even got an easter egg from my bro and sis inlaw, with BOB on it in icing!! We had to get a bigger car recently and that has been renamed the "Bob mobile". Whatever we end up with and whatever name we come up with, I´m sure the name Bob is going to stick still!!

Use to call it peanut. but Now we call it Josh!

Ours is called Blobby or sometimes Blob for short because he blobs around.

Even when he's here I think I will still be calling him Blobby, poor thing.

my baby or babies are called blobs lol my first born was called gerkin im just mad

We called last pregnancy "grape" and this pregnancy is known as "Bug"

My mum says that she called me Bonzo when I was still a bump. Thanks mum.

We call our bump "Cheeky Yam"...long story...

When we had our first scan at 8wks she looked just like a peanut...so..she's our little Peanut...even if she is a LOT bigger now.

Whenever I talk to my bump I refer to her as "baby girl". My DH always calls her "Aspie" as we're naming her Aspen. She seems to like his nickname and often calms down when he talks to her.

we called our 1st rudigar!! my husband was watching the simpsons and for bart to get out of trouble he lied to the police and said that his name was rudigar, oh thought it was funny!! and cheeky so that was the 1st name, thi baby is called cecil as when i did the pg test we were staying in a hotel called the cecil, sounds daft to ever1 else but they r our little jokes and love them ha each to their own and all!!!

We call ours Bob. OH's uncle Bob came to visit one evening and was telling us his son Robert and wife have named their's Bump. He asked if we'd named ours anything...we had to say yes, Bob! lol
We really chose Bob cos of Black Adder with his young boy Bob...Oh has always called me Bob as flat chested. When first preg, was flat bellied, hence Bob.
Think uncle thought we had named after him. If people ask now we say it means Baby on Board. Much simpler.

we called our 1st rudigar!! my husband was watching the simpsons and for bart to get out of trouble he lied to the police and said that his name was rudigar, oh thought it was funny!!
OH would seriously consider Bart or Homer as a name for the baby once born!

Last name starts with "Ho" and my OH has a bunch of friends that call him "B-Ho"...so I call the baby "BabyHo" (which I always have to explain so people don't get the wrong idea) or critter. My mom calls it "wee one". The obgyn called it a plum at my first exam...so my OH's parents call it plum. Poor critter is going to be mighty confused by the time it's born! :p

We call ours our lobster. Long and boring story.......

My mum used to call me babybeeps and still does. :hissy:

I call bump "bump," "fidget," and the most common when I'm in pain "your child!" (to my OH obviously.)

That made me chuckle, Sounds like me when " Will" is kicking in places he shouldnt, I always say "Your child" to my OH, He reminds me it takes 2 to tango lol :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->