Bump on Labia

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
I have this bump on my labia, it's about the size of a nickel. It's not flat by no means, it feels like I have a marble under my skin. It's in between being soft/squishy and hard. I have had it for a week and it seems bigger today. It hurts off and on, more so when I go to wipe after I go to the bathroom.

Went to the doctor yesterday because I was getting yeast infection symptoms and I was diagnosed with a yeast infection. At that time I mentioned the bump and she said it is an ingrown hair. I'm thinking it could be something else because I have had ingrown hairs and they have never been this big. I have not shaved or waxed, I have no STDs. or could it possibly be an infected ingrown hair?

Could it be a Bartholin's cyst? I have a friend who gets them from time to time

Could it be a Bartholin's cyst? I have a friend who gets them from time to time

I've heard of these, but don't know much about them. I'm just finding it hard to believe it's an ingrown hair. The doctor made me feel rushed so I wonder if she even looked at it.

I hate when drs do that, does it look like there's a hair or hairs in the middle? I can't leave stuff like that alone, I'm all in the mirror with tweezers lol... does it feel like it's on the surface or more like a bump deep under the skin?

Sounds like a cyst particularly as you say it hurts when you wipe and is getting bigger. Expect it to burst in the next couple.of days, I had one when pregnant with my son. It got to the size of a small egg though and I had to pierce it with tweezers! Ouch

Sounds like a boil, you may need antibiotics, warm flannel on it xxxxx

I agree with the boil comment. Definitely hot flannel. it will burst - probably in a few days/week x

Thank you ladies! I took pictures of it and there's no head or anything like that. It is a bit red all around. I don't see anything weird other than a bump LOL. I have been doing the warm/hit compress and it's not doing anything. What's weird is it only hurts when touched/examined, it doesn't hurt when I sit (thank God).

Thank you ladies! I took pictures of it and there's no head or anything like that. It is a bit red all around. I don't see anything weird other than a bump LOL. I have been doing the warm/hit compress and it's not doing anything. What's weird is it only hurts when touched/examined, it doesn't hurt when I sit (thank God).

definitely a boil, they don't have a head but they will eventually burst, do try not to touch it.

definitely a boil, they don't have a head but they will eventually burst, do try not to touch it.

Darn boils, LOL! I'm hoping that is what it is. It's really hard not to touch it because I go to the bathroom A LOT, and it's hard to avoid it while wiping, and oh my does that hurt :wacko:

Darn boils, LOL! I'm hoping that is what it is. It's really hard not to touch it because I go to the bathroom A LOT, and it's hard to avoid it while wiping, and oh my does that hurt :wacko:

I know the struggle, i had one at the beginning of this pregnancy, was there for weeks.... They are bloody horrible!

I get bartholins cycst i thought they were boils but i would squeeze them and out comes a thick hard puss like stuff i just squeeze them all the way out then wipe with an alcohol wipe. Tmi maybe but they don't have heads either

I get bartholins cycst i thought they were boils but i would squeeze them and out comes a thick hard puss like stuff i just squeeze them all the way out then wipe with an alcohol wipe. Tmi maybe but they don't have heads either

Mine definitely does not have a head on it. I'm torn between the boil and the cyst. I know it's not an ingrown hair. I have had quite a few of those and they never hurt. At first I thought my Labia was just swollen from the increased blood flow but then I started getting some hardening and felt like I had a marble placed in there LOL. It's just weird how it doesn't hurt when I sit, just when I wipe after using the toilet. I can't believe all the crazy stuff that happens down there while you are pregnant.

Sounds to me like the cyst since it's hard and like a marble, what a pain! My friend goes to the dr to get them drained

i get cycts down there, they are a pain! the barth cysts are at the bottom and went from the same size and hardness of a frozen pea with no pain to the size of a grape with alot of pain every time i moved myself!

I was nearing my due date and decided i could go into labour and work around the extra pain of the cyst or i could pop the bugger, so i sterilized a pin and popped it, then drained it with warm water, no squeezing needed after it was open, was risky as i could have gotten an infection and just made things worse but i was terrifed of going into labour with it!

Ive also had sore ingrown hairs they come up as a small hard ball that are painful from the get go! and awkard to get to at 20+ weeks lol

if it gets to painful or you want a second opinion go see your doctor, the doc might even be able to give you something to help, or be able to do something about it, hope your feelin better soon x

Thanks girls for the helpful replies:hugs: when I got up this morning it seems a little smaller and doesn't hurt as much. So now I'm really confused lol. I glad it hasn't gotten any bigger.

I read up on the cyst and I had some of the symptoms that were listed. Read up on the boil and that sounded a bit like it too. Either way it's not harmful to the baby just a pain to deal with. Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment with a special type of doctor (forgot the exact type of doctor). I'm a high risk pregnancy because I have a condition that causes me to be hypermobile (overly flexible), it's called Ehler-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and because of being flexible it can cause my cervix to thin out way early. Anyway I go for an ultrasound tomorrow (in 3D) because there is also a small chance of him having a cleft lip from the medication I take. They were able to kinda see his face at 20 weeks but he was shy and couldn't give them a good view, so I need to go back but she said it doesn't look like he has a cleft lip. Anyway I'll tell her about the bump and see what she has to say. Sorry for the rambling, I've done a lot of that lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->