Bump Public Property

:rofl: Amanda that is so funny!

I've already had the same thing happen and I'm only 12 weeks and not really showing but people I know like people I work with do it. I feel really rude to tell them not too but it made me jump. Even my mum was saying when I feel it move can she touch my bump and I'm very... don't know what the word is but almost phobic of people invading my personal space like that. It creeps me out even with my mum, but then we've never been close at all.

I'm not showing yet (only 5 weeks or so) but i've already decided that any stranger who tries to touch my bump is going to get asked exactly what the f!ck they think they're doing!!!
I don't mind our friends doing it, as we'll be the first out of our group to have kids, so I know everyone will be dead excited!! But strangers are a no-no!!!

PixieMoondust

I too dislike being touched on my belly, even by friends. When I was pregnant first time it really bugged me especially if they would put their face up to it and shout 'hello baby,it's me so and so'...

My plan is if anyone tries this time round, I'm gonna say
''You do realise that this is my overstretched uterus that you are feeling/talking to"

that should make them back off!!!

I think it was Nappy Head where I saw a long sleeved Tee with a 'Private Property' logo on the front at bump height. I really wanted one because I didn't want to get done for ABH when someone did this to me last time.

I was good though. If anyone came towards me with that fixed stare at my bump I was like, "Oi! Back Off!" It worked on the three occasions I said it. I like Amandas method much more though and will be nicking it for non-family members. I don't think it would go down too well with the MIL. :rofl:

:shock: No one's tried to touch mine, not even DH's family :rofl: Guess I must give off a hand's off vibe

Just saw how old this thread is :rofl: Thought Amanda's post looked familiar

I don't mind people at work touching it, as long as it's now and again. One lady has been touching it every single day and I'm like "what has changed from yesterday?"!!! I wear theatre blues that are very forgiving, so they can't see my expansion - thats why I don't mind. They are all so excited it's sweet!
However, I have never had a random stranger touch it, I have to agree I don't think I'd be too happy!
And by the way - how do posts this old suddenly reappear again??!!!

I told the baby's dad (ex - OH) that if he touched it again without asking first, i'd break his arm...

I don't like people just touching me.. I think I would have a problem stopping myself being violent towards them..

I just don't think there's any need...

Em

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/doctordeesmrs/Blinkies/pregnant-5.jpg

I had that happen in Tesco's when I was in the 3rd tri with Charlie. A complete stranger just started touching my bump! So I reached forward and gave her left boob a good squeeze. She didn't know what to say!!!:rofl:

I'm one of those people who really doesn't care what strangers think about me. I'm never going to see them again, so who cares if I tell them to F off!:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

My plan is if anyone tries this time round, I'm gonna say
''You do realise that this is my overstretched uterus that you are feeling/talking to"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I wish I had balls like that! I can't bring myself to say anything but yes - I too get very annoyed and (bearing in mind I'm a hormonal wreck) it makes me feel bad when people think they can just come up and touch my body without asking.
I feel like I'm being used, like I don't have a right to personal space or people don't need to respect me because I'm pregnant.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but last night when I was late night shopping random strangers came up to me on 5 occassions and starting touching my baby bump,the same thing happend with my first pregnacy.I don't want to be rude or anything so I just smile politely and walk away very fast in the opposite direction,I know people are just trying to be nice but I think it's abit creepy and I feel like my bump is public property lol.It's different if it's a family member or a friend they are just trying to be close to the baby.Sorry for ranting,it's just I would never even think to do that to someone maybe I am too protective of my bump:blush:.

Just grab their boobs. That'll learn them.

xxx

Just grab their boobs. That'll learn them.

xxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll be sure to remember that one!!!!

My SIL used to get grabbed quite a lot in her 3rd tri. In the end, she took to karate chopping peoples hands before they touched her bump! Used to make me laugh so much to see their faces!!!:rofl:

I'm not showing yet, but you can bet that I will NOT be tolerating any feeling - even by unwanted family members (especailly MIL!).

I hate being touched by anyone other than hubbie and that's staying that way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->