Bump Size = How far Along?????

2nd Time Mom

Reaction score
Okay.. This thread is out of frustration....

We planned our pregnancy. My first ultrasound on Jan 7, 2011 put me at 7+5... One day difference from my LMP dating... I was stoked!

Ultrasound image looks like a blob... With the round yolk sac at the top of the image...

March 4, 2011 my fundal height was right on (roughly 16 weeks).

My March 31st ultrasound (20 week scan) put me one day behind my LMP dating.. Still on target.

Here is where I get all paranoid crazy... My belly is huge apparantly. At least 3 times a week someone asks me if I am having twins (I am 29 weeks in couple days)... I want to cry (pregnancy hormones).

But I also get paranoid because I had a scare with the hubby on Sept 24, 2010 where I thought I may have gotten pregnant...

However, I had cycle on Oct 20th & Nov 13, 2010 & I don't remember it being spotty. Besides who has implanation bleeding 2 months in a row...????

I was drinking about 2 bottles of wine on the weekends until after my Nov 2011 cycle... Then I stopped when we decided to TTC...

So, now I am all paranoid like what if I fell pregnant in Sept.. But I would have been like 16 weeks at my first scan which showed me at 7+5....Then I get all crazy like well what if the fetus had fetal alcohol syndrome & measured small??? But 8 weeks is a big difference.

My 27+5 scan was right on.. I only measured 2 days ahead... So why am I so paranoid that I am further along & this baby is small due to my drinking???? I am going nuts, ALL BECAUSE IDIOTS KEEP ASKING IF I AM DUE ANY DAY.. OR IF I AM HAVING TWINS...

Some sane person(s) please calm me down!!!!:wacko:

usually the people that say wow youre huge or is it twins are people who have never been pregnant or were pregnant so long ago theyve forgotten what an average size is!!
i get told all the time im going to have a whopper.

stop stressing, relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy:thumbup:

Omg people can drive you crazy with their comments, can't they?! Here's my theory---you are right where your measurements tell you, so please don't worry!! From what you've said of them, there is really no way you can be that far off.

As for people's comments, omg they are all crazy, I am convinced!! At 1st everyone was telling me how BIG I am and would get this look of shock on their face when I told them I was only such-and-such weeks. But my baby girl has measured spot on TO THE DAY from the beginning! It irked me, suffice to say. Yet the other day I was standing next to a pregnant friend who is 16 days ahead of me and much bigger (mainly cause she gained all over), and people were like omg is your baby measuring ok?? Is she just small?? I am all belly.

So just ignore people, we all show differently, they just don't know what they are talking about!!

There is a HUGE difference between what you would see at a 7 week scan compared to a 16 week scan, you could measure small or large now, but that early on it wouldn't be off by 9 weeks.

Deep breaths hon... people ask me all the time if I'm carrying twins and I don't think I'm overly large at all. They are just ignorant!!

im measuring 30cm and im 36weeks so 6cm behind and they tell me i have GD and my baby is measuring big on the 97th centile ive another growth scan tomorrow so lets see what that brings i wouldn't worry to much hun how can i be so small but be having such a big baby you could just have a lot of water hun.all the best xxx

To be honest I like it if someone asks me if I'm having twins :haha: As long as it's all belly it doesn't bother me...I don't strive to have a small bump because I think BIG bumps are gorgeous :thumbup:

People really just have no idea what a pregnant woman looks like if they have not been pregnant in a long time, or ever. I've been told I look huge, ready to pop, and asked if I'm having twins. In my eyes, there's NO WAY someone could be stupid enough to think I'm having twins, but some people just really have no idea.

Oh I have been getting this from the start so don't panic. Lots of people ask if I am sure there's not another one hiding in there or if I am sure my dates are right etc etc.
They are surrounded by images of celebrities who seem to hide an 8 month bump with a handbag and a scarf so we must forgive them their stupidity for thinking we are too big. Another thing was my poor darling hubby thought everyone got their figures back immediately after the birth like the celebs... when we went to visit a friend with her newborn (luckily DH kept his mouth shut til we got in the car) he was shocked to see she still looked 6 months pregnant! Bless him.
People just have no idea, and no tact. It annoys me that they think they can say what they like about my body now I am pregnant but I don't go commenting on their huge ass or whatever.

x

people are just being people. You look to big,you look to little,you eat to much,you dont eat enoug,you do to much you dont do enough!everyone has an opinion. There is 2 much difference between those early scans for itto be that far out. And your scan and lmp match. My oh tells everyone i have a big bump yet everyone else says im quite small

Hon, dont worry. I got upset last weekend at some jerk asking if I was having twins but now have brushed it off....just about.

People are so rude though. Ive been getting told Im massive from 20 weeks. Ive been told I am 'Too Big' (wtf?) and had a physio tell me Im carrying a 'large pregnancy' (and looked at me like I was a liar when I said I was measuring a week behind). Im just ignoring them now, Im 8 months pregnant FFS, have a lovely big bump and IM PROUD OF IT!

Here is the picture of me last week (at 34 weeks) that prompted the twins comment....

Attachments

• mummy & dDDY.jpg
    mummy & dDDY.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Everyone... It drives me crazy & I hear it so often I start to doubt myself KNOWING this was a planned pregnancy... But my dates have never been off when I had scans so I know I am just being paranoid because I know how much wine I was drinking before I was TTC...

But I even was looking at the 12 week scans & there was a big difference between those & my 7+5 scan.. So 16 weeks would have defenitley seen more than a blob.

I am just being silly & paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh... Thanks Again!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->