Bumped to Second Tri - anyone else?

GonnaBaMama

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I originally thought I was 8 weeks (based on the time we weren't too careful --- happy surprise!). But then the doc told us that I was 11 weeks, based on the date of my last period. Today I had my scan and the technician said I am 12 weeks 6 days based on measurements! OMG!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible that I am in fact 8-11 weeks along but just have a HUGE baby?

Attachments

• baby.JPG
    baby.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 32
I think at that stage, ultrasounds are pretty accurate.

2 years ago, I found out I was pregnant and when I went for blood work they guessed I was about 11-12 weeks. I went for an ultrasound a few days later to find out that I was 23+6. I had NO idea. I had been having pregnancy symptoms for about a month before I found out but kept denying it until I finally took a test, but I never thought I was 5 months pregnant.

2 years ago, I found out I was pregnant and when I went for blood work they guessed I was about 11-12 weeks. I went for an ultrasound a few days later to find out that I was 23+6. I had NO idea. I had been having pregnancy symptoms for about a month before I found out but kept denying it until I finally took a test, but I never thought I was 5 months pregnant.

Wow! That must have been a surprise. Lol.

I just looked at your ticker and it says your little girl came at 29 weeks. So you really only had a 6 week pregnancy, as far as you knew? That's crazy! :wacko:

I just looked at your ticker and it says your little girl came at 29 weeks. So you really only had a 6 week pregnancy, as far as you knew? That's crazy! :wacko:

Yep, it was 51 days from the positive test to the birth. I've known about this baby since I was 4 weeks 6 days, so it's definitely been a different experience.

A friend of my husbands found out when she was 28wks pregnant. She was apparently infertile(!) and has pre-existing medical issues. She was scanned to rule out the possibility of a tumour and instead they found a baby. I think "her" pregnancy lasted just 8wks!! I'm in shock that I only have 16wks to go...

The ultrasound is for sure accurate. Lol. Babies grow very predictably until 13-14 weeks. Then they mostly develop all the same, but get bigger at different rates. Congrats on getting to skip the worst trimester! I'm jealous! ♡♡

I agree, I think the ultrasounds are pretty accurate that early on. Congratulations! I know a lot of us wish we could fast forward through the first tri and you kind of got to lol.

My friend was told she couldn't have kids. So she went along her marriage thinking it was never possible, so I assume anything weird she just chalked it up to be something else, gas or indigestion or something. Well eventually she felt funny and thought she might be pregnant, even though she was told she would probably never have kids. They went to the doctor and found out she found out she was pregnant! They were thrilled and booked an appointment for an ultrasound... at the ultrasound it turned out she was 36 weeks! She had her little boy 3 weeks later! It was insane. Literally like an episode from "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant". He's now a super cute chubby little 1 year old.

thanks ladies! Feeling a bit better now.... except I had a mini melt down where I was washing dishes and just started balling! It`s all happening soooooo fast! An extra month has been added to my original estimate and its a little scary.

12 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter I started bleeding and clotting. Had to have an emergency ultrasound. I thought I was 6 weeks maybe 7 at the most,scan showed I was 16 and she was perfectly fine. Well done on skipping a month :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->