bunk beds??

xashleyx

proud mummy of 3
Reaction score
hey :flower:

i have been looking at getting bunk beds for my son and daughter, my son is 5 in a few weeks and my daughter is 3 1/2 was just wondering what use would all think on getting them, obviously my daughter would be on the bottom, im not 100% sure so might end up just getting them two single beds, any info would be great, :thumbup:

I let my son get bunk beds at 6 years...but he wasn't allowed to sleep on the top until he was 7.

My LO's have bunk beds, a double on the bottom and single on top, the ladder is not as steep.

The 3 year old climbs up and down no problem at all in fact she prefers sleeping on the top :shock: :dohh:

I would avoid bunk beds tbh, i know its rare BUT there have been a fair few stories of children dying using them in the last year alone..

one little boy managed to fall and hang himself with his bedsheets bless :( x

I would probably wait another year at least, all the bunk beds I have looked at (doing research ;) ) have said that children under 6 should not sleep on top.

I bought bunkbeds for my two when they were younger but I had them as two single beds to start with (obviously they state this when you buy them as not all of them can be separated) then as they got older, (5 and 6) I put them together. It saved space and then made room for their ever growing pile of toys.. Didn't have any problem with the eldest falling out or anything. They are still in them now and they are 9 and 8...
x

My girls went into mid sleeper cabin beds at 3yrs old, but they aren't as tall as the bunk beds.....
They went into bunk beds at age 6+

Why don't you buy the bunk beds and use them as single beds for a while until your son is a little older, then you can convert them into bunks? It's really easy to do xxxx

yeah we have decided to get the bunk beds that can be two seperate ones until thry are older, thank you everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->