Burnt myself again :(

beth_terri

Reaction score
At work on Saturday. My mum seems to think I should go to the doctors but I'm not sure if there's anything the can do. I'm unfortunately having to keep it covered with a gauze and burn cream A) because its cold and I'm wearing long sleeves, and B) Rory has discovered it.

It was a bit weepy and had some puss on it earlier :/

I've got it uncovered now to air it a bit.

This is what it looked like after I took the gauze off and cleaned it about an hour ago. Do you think it's worth seeing a doctor or do I just keep it clean and carry on as I'm doing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 26
And this was it this morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 23
Looks nasty hun :( howd it happen? If theres puss its a sign of infection so may be best to see your doctor and get started on an antibiotic x

I burnt it on the top of the inside of the counter at work. (I work on the oven fresh counter at Morrison's) x

That looks sore hun. I would go drs he might be able to give u some cream

I would pop into a pharmacy and see what the pharmasit thinks, they will tell you if you should go to a&e or not x

I'd pop in and just get it dressed properly. I had a similar burn once and I got told of for using burn cream at the docs because I had a reaction to it and the burn got infected. They dressed it all properly for me and gave me some bandages etc and a sterile solution to clean it with.

Oooh hun that looks so sore. I'd go to a walk in centre if you have one near you and they can dress it properly for you and just check you don't need anything else for it.

I'd go see a chemist first and see if they think its bad enough for a doctor to see. it looks sore!

Oww that looks really sore, you poor thing! I agree about seeing a pharmacist and asking if they recommend a doctors visit. Also at my doctors surgery there's a poster up about when to see a nurse rather than a doctor and burns is one of those conditions they say to see a nurse about, might be worth making a nurses appointment as you tend to have to wait less for a nurses appointment?

Ouch i have done that before when i worked as catering assistant. I had a burn which blistered from steam steriliser, the pharmisist gave me a good telling off for not going to hospital. I had to have it properly dressed. I would go see pharmasist if i was you. I regreted not getting mine looked at strait away as it healed quickly after properly treated. I only went due to hv on weaning course saw it and told me it was infected lol

Ill pop and see the pharmacist before I start work tomorrow. Thing is I'm gona have to keep it covered whilst at work but I'm not sure what with as none of the blue plasters are big enough. It's very sore today. Well, the actual burnt open wound doesn't hurt but all the skin around I hurts like hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->