Bursting with pride! Sorry for the bragging!

RedRose

New mum :)
Reaction score
I just have to let this out! I am so amazed at what my little girl has learned to do in the last few weeks.

It started about three weeks ago when she was eating her dinner and she picked up a pea and moved it off her plate and said 'one', then 'two' then 'three' and then another one and said 'four'! I had no idea that she had picked up numbers! I'm so glad my husband was there cos it was so random I don't think he would have believed me.

So since then I got a wooden shape puzzle thing with numbers and some counting books, and she knows 1-10 just by 'reading' the number. I will set out some objects and ask her to count them and she does!

It's so amazing! I can't believe that my little screaming bundle I bought home from the hospital is now a little person.

She also knows her colours, and my favourite thing of all... She drew TWO APPLES and they look a bit like apples :lol: and she has a go at drawing shapes, she's pretty good at that too.

It just blows my mind how fast they pick things up. I feel a bit out of my depth now though, like I have to actually teach her things?! Argh I hope I do a good job.

I've also noticed much more tantrums than usual, and when she's fustrated or excited she squeezes her hands together and shakes :wacko:

I wonder what she'll be doing this time next month?? Writing sonnets and playing the piano I bet :lol:

Would love to hear lots of bragging from other mums!

Wow that's amazing :)
My LO, who I think is pretty bright, is just starting to count aloud. I counted up to 7 the other day, and then he said '8' which I was impressed by! He doesnt draw yet - still scribbles. The thing that makes me most smiley is when he says 'thank you' without being prompted, and asks questions such as 'where's daddy?'. Its like you have to tune your ears in, and think 'what is he saying' - we're slowly getting better at it between us :)
I am amazed by him every single day - and sometimes I just cant believe how BIG he is ha ha. Cool thread xx

wow well done to your little clever girl x
I'm so proud of Finley's manners, he says please & thank you without prompts & his speech has come on leaps & bounds in just a few months x He amazes me everyday x

Thanks ladies :cloud9:

Chubbin- that's so sweet, I love their little language. I always used to think it was mad how mums would know exactly what their LO were saying when I had no idea. Now I know exactly what it's like :thumbup:

Reedy- what a good little boy :cloud9: Lily used to say please and thank you, now she says DOOO ITTTTT!!! :dohh:

I am trying to upload a picture of her apples but my gmail's not working. Will keep trying...

OK have hopefully managed it.... One is pink and the other orange!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-15 at 12.30.06.png
    Screen shot 2011-11-15 at 12.30.06.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 4
Ah well done! Its amazing what they pick up without us realising they're learning things.

Tom amazes me with his memory all the time - he can point the way to go to the farm shop nearby where they have donkeys - its a good 15 min walk and he will point the right way to go at every junction. And when we went to Jo Jingles class today he kept walking up to where there'd been a picture of a fire engine last week and saying "no nee-nar, nee-nar gone" - I hadn't even remembered about it until he pointed it out.

Clever girl :thumbup: It's really amazing how quickly they learn.

This morning Charlie was squatting down in a funny position and I asked what he was doing and he said 'waiting on my baby egg' - he was sitting on a plastic egg from his play food waiting for it to hatch :rofl: we had watched a programme about baby chickens a few days ago and he remembered me telling him thats what chickens do! :lol:

Clever girl :thumbup: It's really amazing how quickly they learn.

This morning Charlie was squatting down in a funny position and I asked what he was doing and he said 'waiting on my baby egg' - he was sitting on a plastic egg from his play food waiting for it to hatch :rofl: we had watched a programme about baby chickens a few days ago and he remembered me telling him thats what chickens do! :lol:

LOL :haha:

wow really??? thats amazing!
oxford for her!
what a bright little girl!!
well done to you for teaching her, what a great mummy she has! x

wow really??? thats amazing!
oxford for her!
what a bright little girl!!
well done to you for teaching her, what a great mummy she has! x

Thanks hun

Aww now I'm welling up imagining her on University Challenge :rofl: I'd be in the audience and if Jeremy Paxman was rude to her I'd throw my shoe at him :haha:

Aw - she's a clever little thing! Amazing drawings too - future artist maybe??

They are amazing aren't they? Our LOs are a similar age, and she is doing the same sort of things - it just seems to have exploded recently with her doing and saying more and more.

She started singing wheels on the bus the other day, just out of the blue and on her own. And she is constantly asking "what's this?" and then repeating the word. She's like a little sponge at the moment, absorbing everything and taking in much more than I realised she would be able to.

I've also noticed the increase in tantrums - with knowledge comes power so they say! She is saying "no" to everything I ask her to do that she doesn't want to - so I am trying to nip this in the bud.

They are amazing aren't they? Our LOs are a similar age, and she is doing the same sort of things - it just seems to have exploded recently with her doing and saying more and more.

She started singing wheels on the bus the other day, just out of the blue and on her own. And she is constantly asking "what's this?" and then repeating the word. She's like a little sponge at the moment, absorbing everything and taking in much more than I realised she would be able to.

I've also noticed the increase in tantrums - with knowledge comes power so they say! She is saying "no" to everything I ask her to do that she doesn't want to - so I am trying to nip this in the bud.

Just seen your thread RE little Madeline!

Yeah it's like something fires in their brain and they are suddenly able to put into practice all these things they have learned and remembered.

Sucks about the tantrums, although you said your LO has been very poorly, so hopefully it's just related to that and will lessen now. Lily was poorly over the weekend but was definitely tantrumming before that :dohh:

Just seen your thread RE little Madeline!

Yeah it's like something fires in their brain and they are suddenly able to put into practice all these things they have learned and remembered.

Sucks about the tantrums, although you said your LO has been very poorly, so hopefully it's just related to that and will lessen now. Lily was poorly over the weekend but was definitely tantrumming before that :dohh:

She also tantrums through frustration! She has a shape sorter, and can pick out the circle and put it in the circle hole - same with the square and heart. But she struggles with the triangle and star, and if it doesn't go in after the first few attempts I can see the frustration building in her!!

Hope Lily is better now :flower:

Aww clever girl! Harrison cant/wont talk let alone count lol. Hes only just learnt to walk!

Awwww what a clever girl, they do pick things up sooo quickly dont they, aiden learned to count to 10 literally just fron going up n down stairs etc...they are amazing arnt they!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->