• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burt has the squits

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
:sick:

I thought he was looking a bit iffy yesterday and when I let him out in the garden today the floodgates opened. He literally spent about 5 minutes waddling round the garden with it falling out of him. He also wee'd in Eddie's bedroom and he's never had an accident before :(

Should I starve him? He'll be okay won't he? [/paranoid]. He was perfectly fine out in the field earlier, still trying to drag me through the weeds :rolleyes:

Just keep an eye on him. He should be fine but it might help to take him off his normal food if he's still poorly. If he's feeling really delicate scrambled eggs will be really easy on his tum but still give him energy but if he's running around as normal he should be just fine.

Sorry I've replied so late! Hope he's ok now?

If it happens again I would starve him overnight but allow him fluids as he will dehydrate quickly. The next day start him on a bland diet of rice/boiled chicken/scrambled eggs so that his digestive system can sort itself out.

Can I ask what you're feeding him? A lot of foods such as bakers, pedigree, butchers etc. have a lot of sugar/maize etc in them and not a very high meat content. My little collie cross used to be on bakers and the poo was horrendous.

Yes, he's much better now thanks :)

I have him on a mix of Burns and Butchers. When we got him my aim was to have him on a complete dry mix but he couldn't handle it and as a result lost a lot of weight so I decided the only way to get him to eat was to mix it. Are there any simular wet foods that are better? I only put a tad in just enough to take the dryness out of it (he used to gag).

Yes, he's much better now thanks :)

I have him on a mix of Burns and Butchers. When we got him my aim was to have him on a complete dry mix but he couldn't handle it and as a result lost a lot of weight so I decided the only way to get him to eat was to mix it. Are there any simular wet foods that are better? I only put a tad in just enough to take the dryness out of it (he used to gag).

Nature diet is really good! Costs around 87p in Pets@Home for a tray but you can buy cases from Berriewoods for cheaper https://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/pages/berriewood-frozen-food-1211.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->