Buying a second hand car from dealership... Quick question.

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
OH & i are viewing a second hand car at a car garage tomorrow morning. Its one of their part exchange cars, priced at £1795.

We are really excited about seeing it, hopefully we get a good deal :) My concern though is, it only has an MOT until October 2014, so thats 3 months. Im adament i dont want to purchase it unless it has a whole years MOT. OH is telling me they wont do it, as thats still a quarter of year until its due (put that way, it does sound longer!) Or he thinks if they do agree, they will charge us for any MOT repairs, but maybe do the actual MOT cost (£50ish) out their own pocket.

I was hoping to knock them down, then wangle a service & an MOT out of them for free (+ repairs!) Am i expecting too much? I think we would be mad to buy a 12 year old car with high milage with only 12 weeks MOT!

Anyone? Im nervous about going now as OH & i cant agree on what deal we want to try & make.

Thanks <3

I just bought a 10 year old car from a garage and they MOT'd and serviced it for me as part of the car's advertised price. Take it out for a test drive, don't let them see how excited you are, and just say something about the warranty and an MOT and a service being done. They shouldn't charge you for repairs as the MOT will be done before you pay - so you could just walk away without purchasing the car.

Every car I've bought from a second hand dealer has come with a 12month MOT, I don't think it'd be cheeky to ask, I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer without a 12 month MOT to be honest as I'd think they were trying to hide the fact that but will never get through.

Every car I've bought from a second hand dealer has come with a 12month MOT, I don't think it'd be cheeky to ask, I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer without a 12 month MOT to be honest as I'd think they were trying to hide the fact that but will never get through.

exactly this!

We bought our car from a big dealership last year and it had just had its MOT, service and we had to get tax at the same time, was great except for the same month a year later :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->