Buying baby bits before BFP!

I haven't bought a thing, but I am often online window shopping...Plus, my sister and her hubby have completed their adoption paperwork and are now waiting, so I created a registry for them just in case because they don't have a thing!

One nursery to decorate just isn't enough, is it? Luckily, I will have 2 rooms...a nursery and a playroom...Although I prefer a boy, all the baby girl things are just so cute! So, I hope my sister has a girl!

LOL, you and me both i have gone from ocean blue walls with fish and turtles and what not, to sage green with trees and monkeys and safari animals, to light yellow with trees and birds and colorful bugs. With the way i am maybe i should just do each wall in a theme lol :haha:

Years ago when we were fostering, we did an ocean blue room and painted fish on canvas and hung them around the room. Everyone loved it, and participated, as well....painting a fish on canvas for us to hang, if they wished.
It was so much fun, and to my surprise, my hubby got waaay into it...He usually just leaves such things to me...

I think it's a great idea to buy bits and pieces before BFP! There are so many things to buy in such a short amount of time. And who knows if we are going to feel up to shopping when we do get our BFPs. I haven't bought anything yet, but my mother and I have a baby shopping trip planned in a couple of weeks. I want to buy some maternity clothes, diaper bag, receiving blankets and other little bits. I have already picked out what stroller I want! i am waiting on that though. It's a good idea to plan ahead so you aren't stuck with buying tons at the very end.

Good luck us!:thumbup:

LOL, you and me both i have gone from ocean blue walls with fish and turtles and what not, to sage green with trees and monkeys and safari animals, to light yellow with trees and birds and colorful bugs. With the way i am maybe i should just do each wall in a theme lol :haha:

Years ago when we were fostering, we did an ocean blue room and painted fish on canvas and hung them around the room. Everyone loved it, and participated, as well....painting a fish on canvas for us to hang, if they wished.
It was so much fun, and to my surprise, my hubby got waaay into it...He usually just leaves such things to me...

That sounds so cute, and like it was a lot of fun creating it too. We already have the walls in there an ocean blue, we found the color at Home Depot, it was a Disney color, i just love the wall color, but then i keep thinking himmm what about this or that, or i will see something i just love lol.

Oh i just love your avatar picture, that is so cute!!

I have not bought any baby items I did buy a fetal doppler it was a super good deal on one like my doctor used for my other daughters so I couldn't pass it up.

I also have bought a few maternity tops but thats all until I get my BFP.

Haven't bought anything at all, and still can't really picture myself pushing a pram BUT my house has one bedroom decorated as a nursery (came that way!) and we haven't re-decorated.

Though I'm an educated professional person I can hear my granny's voice tutting that it's bad luck to buy the stuff before the baby is imminent - superstitious I know but I think I'd hate to have a room full of stuff and no baby to put in it.

But I'm looking forward to buying lots of nice things if we manage to conceive, I think that will be fun.

We only decided on sunday (it's thursday now) that we were definitely going to 'start trying' next month. I'm 41, so hopefully I've got some bouncy ones left. But in these 4 days I've downloaded and printed out 3 different diaper patterns, a handful of onesie patterns and a million crochet bootie, layette, hat sets. I have a really cute fleece snuggly.

Chinese Chart says if I get knocked up in july or aug it will be a girl. But.. who knows, I'm not making gender specific stuff anyway.

I haven't bought anything but DH and I were recently going through stuff and trying to get rid of things. We found that when I moved in to his place, trying to live in under 900 sq feet, we had way too much stuff! So while putting together a garage sale I contemplated selling a couple of baby dolls I'd held on to from when I was little. DH said I shouldn't, that one day I'll have that LO to give them to. Here's hoping!

No no! Never get rid of pieces of your history! My parents lost a home in Hurricane Isabel in 2003 and there are bits I no longer have because of it. I hate it. Don't do it! Give them to family members if you must, but hold on to them.

Even if I never have children, I have a very special niece who would've treasured some of my childhood things as much as I did. That's your history. I'm envious. Hold on to them!

We only decided on sunday (it's thursday now) that we were definitely going to 'start trying' next month. I'm 41, so hopefully I've got some bouncy ones left. But in these 4 days I've downloaded and printed out 3 different diaper patterns, a handful of onesie patterns and a million crochet bootie, layette, hat sets. I have a really cute fleece snuggly.

Chinese Chart says if I get knocked up in july or aug it will be a girl. But.. who knows, I'm not making gender specific stuff anyway.

I have a folder on my laptop with all sorts of baby stuff in it.

I started a baby registry :blush: Everyday I am looking online at baby stuff..........there is some seriously cute stuff out there!! :thumbup:

Isn't there just :) I can oh and ah over baby stuff all day :)

But DH knows that if we get lucky enough to tell people we're expecting his family are to be told NO Disney Winnie the Pooh stuff! My ex-husband used to buy me loads of Disney Tiggers and Winnie the Pooh so know if I see it I shudder. But I know both my SILs love it.

LOL, my favorite is Eeyore, i can see why you would have a problem with that lol, if anybody gives you something, just return it to the store, i am sure you would not have a problem, also i would just flat out tell them, they should understand lol. See i am thinking positive for you, one day very soon you will be looking at baby stuff for your LO.

I love the Winnie the Pooh book and Eeyore is a particular fav of mine it's just the Disney stuff :)

I really don't know what the theme is going to be as I change my mind on a daily basis :)

It's stupid cliche but I'm a huge Pooh fan. I'm sure that's what I'll end up with.

I have a Disney seriographic cel with ALL the Pooh characters in it - from Christopher Robin to Roo - that I saved like a dog to buy when I was in college. It's survived multiple military moves since then - it's always the FIRST THING I look for when they unpack (first of two, the first being my china my Dad bought from Noritake in Okinawa 35 years ago). Whatever the ultimate theme (I've also thought of black and white, since that's all babies see at first anyway), I'm sure that will be the centerpiece.

Would love to be able to do something like this for a girl
https://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/baby-nursery-decorating-ideas-33.jpg

https://alistbaby.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/rms_french-toile-nursery_s4x3_lg.jpg

Or this for a boy

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qm4HVkF5dxY/SmNJp5d389I/AAAAAAAAAhA/Zj0WJmvQmPA/s400/Pottery+Barn+Sheep+Nursey.png

https://cdn.decorpad.com/photos/2009/05/16/efcef4a6a71e.jpg

The second one and the fourth one are doable. You don't need thousands of dollars. And that tree on the wall is probably a decal - you can buy them and they're not that expensive.

You can make the canopies (there are patterns out there), the furniture is vintage (buy secondhand and refinish yourself - there are places that will take the lead paint off for you without charging an arm and a leg - and reupholstering those types of Queen Anne/Louis XIV chairs is easier than people think), and low-fume paint is cheap.

You could do that, with a bit of ingenuity and just a little bit of money.

The second one and the fourth one are doable. You don't need thousands of dollars. And that tree on the wall is probably a decal - you can buy them and they're not that expensive.

You can make the canopies (there are patterns out there), the furniture is vintage (buy secondhand and refinish yourself - there are places that will take the lead paint off for you without charging an arm and a leg - and reupholstering those types of Queen Anne/Louis XIV chairs is easier than people think), and low-fume paint is cheap.

You could do that, with a bit of ingenuity and just a little bit of money.

Wow...really?...I thinking of hiring someone...lol....I so admire DIYers, but DH and I cannot even paint a room properly...

My favorite is the third crib...that isn't vintage, is it?

You really think the tree is a decal?

Nah you can do that :)

My DH is going to project the design I want onto the wall using video projector which I then draw onto the wall and paint (cheaper still than decals or stencils) :)

And if you look round craft stores or dolls house stores you can buy some of the embellishments to paint up and glue onto plain furniture to make it look vintage :)

I also have loads of material in a drawer waiting for me to make it into cot bumpers, curtains and soft furnishings :)

My DH is going to project the design I want onto the wall using video projector which I then draw onto the wall and paint (cheaper still than decals or stencils) :)

And if you look round craft stores or dolls house stores you can buy some of the embellishments to paint up and glue onto plain furniture to make it look vintage :)

I also have loads of material in a drawer waiting for me to make it into cot bumpers, curtains and soft furnishings :)

Ooh...I bet your nursery will be beautiful....hopefully, we can see pics...
That video projector idea is brilliant...I am now kicking myself because my FIL was getting rid of his and asked if I wanted it....:dohh::dohh:

Is it too late to ask him for it?

I hope the nursery will be gorgeous, it will definitely be unique and full of love :)

At the moment I'm making some soft furnishings to go to Australia for a friend and it's all Hungry Caterpillar theme :) I'll get photos before I send them :)

Is it too late to ask him for it?

I hope the nursery will be gorgeous, it will definitely be unique and full of love :)

At the moment I'm making some soft furnishings to go to Australia for a friend and it's all Hungry Caterpillar theme :) I'll get photos before I send them :)

Yep...too late...

Looking forward to the pics!

Oh i love the first and the third one!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing these!

Oh wow, the projector idea is fantastic, i never thought about that!!!

sorry to butt in - but the first pic is beautiful - i love the clouds effect on the walls :)

and Macwooley - the hungry caterpillar was my favorite book ever as a little one. I have brought it for my friend who just had a baby and she loved it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"