Buying Baby Stuff?!

cflower04

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wondering anyone has considered buying any baby stuff yet?! With all the sales on at the moment I'm really tempted but I'm afraid it's still a little early. My ticker is a few days off and I was put back 2 days at my last scan so I'm only 11+5 today. I'm a FTM so I need all the basics and I could easily save a few hundred euro at the moment.

I've started buying and have quite a stash of things (including the pram) .. I know people will think i'm crazy, but we got bargains with everything and so we went for it :shrug: We got rid of all our baby stuff this year thinking we were done, so we have to start again :dohh:

Now all I need is a list of essential baby items so I know what to look out for!!!

If i see something at an amazing price i get it. So far it's only been on kijiji that I've found real deals, the stores in Canada are pretty crappy for deals. I got a really good electric double breast pump off kijiji for $30 and it looks/functions like brand new (retails for over $100). Last summer gender neutral crib sheets that I've had on my pinterest board for 3 years went on clearance so I had to get them. That's about it.

If it was my first I'd be checking out the sales for gender neutral stuff. As its my third baby is just gonna be wearing hand me downs so I don't need to do any shopping at all this time!!

I dont have much to buy at all this time around, just new clothes if we have a boy and a few girly clothes if its a girl. We need to buy a new crib mattress and a new cotbed but the cotbed wont be bought until next january sales when baby is coming up on 6 months. First time around we did buy things in the sales such as our pram, cotbed, wardrobes etc and saved a lot. I was slightly further on though, about 18 weeks-ish. Its a personal decision but i think if you can save money, go for it x

we went shopping today.. and my mummum got my baby a baby's first Christmas bib and ill only be four weeks tomorrow.. you could say she's a bit exited! lol :)

i won't be doing any shopping since this is baby no 2 and we won't be finding out the gender. With my first, I bought my first bits at around 15 weeks because there were mega bargains! i felt bad though and didn't buy anything else until about 32 weeks!!

Honestly in considering buying a pram it was £400, as i seen it for that price before Christmas and its reduced to £220, it has a carry cot a car seat and older pram seat, its a great brand to... But i think its to early but it will be the pram i get...

I'm thinking of getting a cot now but waiting to get sheets/bumper etc until I know the gender! Have picked out a gender neutral swing/bouncer and a gorgeous changing bag... Oh the temptation!!!

When i was pregnant with my first we brought a pram at 6/7 weeks because we were just too excited! :haha:

We already have all the big things we need stashed away from our first so the only thing we need to buy for this baby is clothes when we find out the gender at 20 weeks :thumbup:

Buying things helped it feel real first time around. Quite gutted we dont need to buy anything this time :nope:

First time round I got my pram a week before my 12 week scan as it was just too good an offer to miss! I was scared paying for it though as I do worry a lot but thankfully as was well. This time around im going to be buying a pram like a month before my due date and hoping all goes well at my scan in just over 2 weeks I will buy my first gender neutral outfit straight after! Otherwise so far I havent got anything yet

theres no harm in getting bits early in the sales
i started buying straight away at 12 weeks with my first baby

i only need a new mattress
id like to get a buggy too
but i cant do that untill my scan so i can check its just one baby lol

I think we don't need anything this time, hooray! Lol.

However if we discover it's a pink bump we might need some clothes, lol.

I would like a decent nappy bin tho as mine is pants!!

Please be careful how much you buy, the lists you see advertised are pathetic! I didn't buy 75% of the stuff and was fine :D

This is my essentials:

Something to wear : Baby needs clothes so ensure you have a small selection of vests and sleep suits in different sizes for when they are born :) Try not to go overboard with cute outfits as you'll get given TONNES from friends / family.

Something to eat : Depends what your doing but I was FF so needed a steriliser (love my electric one!), a good stash of bottles and teats (we premade a days worth so had 8 bottles / teats for this).

Somewhere to sleep: Moses basket / cot / crib. Somewhere to nap in the day is good too, we had a vibrating bouncer was a godsend!

Somewhere to travel: Think closely about your choice of pram. We went for a multi facing 3 wheeler that the car seat could click into and I love it. It's been EVERYWHERE! Up mountains, on beaches, on moorland! Never faltered :D we also got a carrier which I'll use more this time and then we got a lightweight pushchair for when he was 5-6 months. We now also have a rucksack carrier for when we go out and about as it's easier than the pram.

With regards to stocking up, I wouldn't recommend you stock up on nappies, formula and wipes. We found Dylan was allergic to Huggies pure wipes and we'd bought tonnes! My ex's niece was allergic to pampers and they had 6 months worth!

But I think that's it :)

If I was as far as you, I definitively would!! :)

This will be baby #2 for us, not buying anything unless we find out it is a girl. I think i have all the boys stuff we need. I will need a car seat but that is all.

I think with D we got the pram about 17weeks after our first anomaly scan.

As this is #2 for us and I'll be co-sleeping, full-time slinging, cloth bumming and HOPEFULLY breastfeeding I don't think we need anything (unless it's a girl in which case I'll be going crazy for pretty outfits). I need to check the expiry date on the infant car seat but we've got a bouncer etc.

At the moment I'm concentrating on comfy clothes for me that'll be wearable through to summer :)

We have a scan next week when ill be 8+4 but MIL won £200 vouchers for a big baby shop that have to be spent by the end if Jan so well probably go up after the hospital if all is well. It's our first and family have offered to buy big things like pram, cot very generously.

I can't quite bring myself to by clothes as if anything happened I'd feel they were for this baby.

I was thinking bed clothes, curtains etc... For the nursery What does everyone think?

To the OP it's whatever you're comfortable with

We have a scan next week when ill be 8+4 but MIL won £200 vouchers for a big baby shop that have to be spent by the end if Jan so well probably go up after the hospital if all is well. It's our first and family have offered to buy big things like pram, cot very generously.

I can't quite bring myself to by clothes as if anything happened I'd feel they were for this baby.

I was thinking bed clothes, curtains etc... For the nursery What does everyone think?

To the OP it's whatever you're comfortable with

I've always thought of things for the nursery as an investment for a family who will have babies, rather than being for an individual child. I bought all my bigger baby things with the intention of using them for all my babies.

That's a nice perspective. We want 2 or 3 and I prefer the gender neutral stuff anyway. I think I'll go down that route. Since we won the vouchers I might go all out matching lol and get a whole set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->