Buying/making baby stuff and not even pregnant

Ah, I'm very temped. Especially buying all those little baby books you fill in and tiny cute socks :baby: I keep looking at baby beds and decorations as well.

But I have resisted it, only because I am scared to death that I will have problem conceiving as I have never tried before :blush:

I don't, but reading this thread has made me kinda tempted!! I suppose it has crossed my mind though. I work in a bookshop, and when we are sending the old magazines back we keep some of the goodies that come free with them, like nail varnish and stuff with the womens mags. The last couple of months I've found myself eyeing the free stuff from the baby mags, just for the fact that it seems a bit of a waste, when I could them in a box somewhere out the way, but I would just get too many weird looks and questions:haha:

I've resisted soooo many times, even maternity clothes! I'm even trying not to look at baby names! I don't want to get ahead of myself but its so hard

I would say I do tend to buy clothes these days that would fit a bump if they had to. Not maternity as such just like floaty pretty!

xx

Ladie I have a confession....I bought a 'very hungry caterpillar' sleepsuit on e-bay yesterday BNWT. It was a real bargain tho at £7 and you cant get them anywhere in the UK (its from the US). But I swear im going to stop. I think i just needed to get it out my system...for now haha. Cant wait til it arrives hehe.

Also alex_85 you could just say your taking them for a friend....go on, i dare ya :p

I'd love to buy things, but i think if my OH ever came across them he'd be a bit set back about it. i have seen such cute clothing on baby rocker sites though <3

I don't know if any of you watch eastenders (I don't myself at the moment). Well some months ago you might remember the scene of Ronnie when she got a big box from under her bed full of baby things. In a high pitch demented tone she starts describing everything to a horrified boyfriend (can't remember his name). She then was not pregnant or very likely to be so. That is what I don't want for myself. I don't want an obsession, I don't want a living in the future. But I personally don't believe in jinxing. We all think, well, it depends how far you take it. As I said above, I have bought two books with the excuse I wouldn't be able to buy them again as the shop was closing down. However, I have been horrified when I have witnessed women that either not pregnant or 2 weeks pregnant go and buy all the furniture for the room. Its not to do with being right or wrong, its just taking care of keeping your mind and emotions healthy. If you do find the urge, do go with moderation. And keep present. (in our present moment, as much as we might wish otherwise, the baby is not here). Take care all :hugs:

Those are some mighty wise words!! :thumbup:

I have only been tempted a few times, but very rarely.... However I have recently started knitting again as friends of ours are expecting within the next few weeks. Serioulsy tempted to 'accidentally' buy too much wool and knit some more to put into storage.... :)

It is so tempting, especially as there are lots of little boutique-ish shops in the town where I stay (very middle class area, but it also has a student population - hence I'm there!) and it is soooo difficult to see all the tiny tiny clothes and cute room decorations and not be able to buy them. It's probably for the best that I don't though, because there's every chance it COULD develop into an obsession and I'd end up like Ronnie from Eastenders lol.

It'll be my turn soon enough :) (maybe once NTNP or TTC?)

haha there will just be a world full of ronnie from eastenders's! i know what you mean about the boutique places tho. Things from the likes of ASDA and Tesco are always going to be around but u may never see things like you do in those sorts of shops again. Plus i am an aries...very spontanious...i dont do waiting, its impossible for me!

I keep looking at baby stuff online.
Ebay, walmart etc..
I wanna buy stuff already!!
But..my husband would think that I was nuts!
It'd probably freak him out, LOL:haha:
Even though he'd be happy if I got pregnant right now:cloud9:

my coworker had a baby a year and half ago and she's been saving all these gender neutral things up for us...i have some of those boxes stored under my bed. i thought about not bringing the things home--thought i might jinx myself and end up with a bunch of stuff and not be able to use it, but coworker needed to clean out the storage area and SO told me just to bring it home and put it away as we'll need it at some point....he's so positive like that! so yeah...i have lots of stuff under the bed waiting to get used someday soon ;)

I officially became crazy 15 mins ago. Someone was giving away a moses basket on freecycle so thought I'd ask and see if it had been taken. I didn't think I'd have a hope in hell of getting it but I have just been offered it! I don't think I'll buy anything yet but if it's going for free I'd be a fool not to try and jump on it.

Please tell me I'm not a weirdo :)

i bought a baby book thing because i thought it was sooo pretty and only a tenner.
whenever im anywhere near baby clothes/items in shops i have to go look and drag whoever im with, so when i was in M&S with my mum she saw this gorgeous little girls dress and quickly bought it before we went to meet my dad!
think she bought me another little dress..cant remember, all in a carrier bag in my wardrobe.
So that doesnt make me crazy if its my mum......:blush:
but i cant walk past mothercare without dragging OH in, he seems to enjoy it most of the time :happydance:

haha this quickly going to become a problem for me, mainly just cause i can't pass up good bargain. I've just moved from the city to suburbs and am amazed at how often people have yard sales here. There so many awesome baby items for so cheap! how can I resist? I found a nice antitque looking rocking chair for $10 yesterday, my husband going to refinish it and I'm going to sew new cushions for it. Also got a free crib a long time ago, long before we were seriously considering ttc. And a month ago was at a conference and won, at a one dollar raffle, a $150 baby sling.

However, until we actually get a bfp, I refuse to actually buy anything that is directly baby related (rocking chair is not directly baby related right, lol). I don't want to tempt fate. I used a great deal of restaint yesterday to pass up a 1 dollar copy of What to Expect, at a used bookstore:haha:

Hi ladies, I would love to but def gonna wait till preg to buy stuff!!

Although - I would love to knit baby clothes and I can't even knit yet so I will be learning and practiscing it, but i know if I knit stuff I can give it as gifts to others so will practise that!! Xx

Aww you should start learning how to knit. I made a little monkey a few month ago and now im making a slightly bigger one for my friends baby girls 1st birthday on monday. its looking really good...so far. im so excited to give it to her :) its also good for me to learn atm as im still living at home so my mam show me what to do and can help me when i make mistakes...quite often haha.

and laural11 i hope you get your bfp soon so you can go crazy at those yard sales :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->