BV causing TTC problems????

Loobyloo30

Mummy to one
Reaction score
Hi girlies!!

Just wanted to find out if any of you suffer from BV? Ive never head it until I met DH and now its chronic every month (usually around ovulation) We actively tried to conceive (daily BD) but never received a BFP. The past 2 months I managed to clear up the BV when ovulating and fell pregnant both months which ended up in M/C (and the BV was then back with a vengence) So im wondering if BV A: stops you conceiving? and B: causes M/C?

Anyone with a similar problem/experience? xx

I have had bouts of it and have heard that it is linked to difficulties in ttc and miscarriage. I think the reason why it hinders ttc is that the bacteria alters the ph in your vagina and so sperm cannot survive. As for miscarriages suppose if the bacteria crosses into the cervix then it will cause problems. I dont tend to get it every month but did get it alot. Got it really bad actually before the mmc and after???? Get sick of asking for antibiotics from the doc. I have ordered some preseed lube thinking that might help you too???? Anything is worth a shot. x x

Hi Debzie, I tried preseed and my BV went crazy!!!! worst bout ive ever had! Tried it again a couple of months later and the same thing so I'd definitely stay away from the preseed hun.

I agree the bacteria must be hostile!! The only thing ive found that helps is balance activ gel and hydrogen peroxide mixed with water but........... these both kill the spermies!! Its such an evil disease to have :-( x x

thanks for the heads up with the preseed it came today in the post. BV is an evil disease and I really feel for you. Try going back to the docs, have you had swabs and stuff never went back to get mine done since the miscarriage.

No probs hun, you might be ok with it! Just try the small measurement (about 5) on the applicator as thats what i did but my flora still went crazy :-( gutted as pressed is supposed to be amazing!! Fingers crossed it doesnt effect you.

Yeah ive got the doctors tomorrow for swabs so justpraying theyve recently come up with a miracle cure since the last time i went! Lol x x

I haven't had much of a problem with bv but had read a lot about it. Have you tried large doses of folic acid along with a good probiotic that contains rhasmosis and reuteri? Make your own decision, but I read that large doses of folic are not harmful...1600 mg 3 times a day to start. Natures way reuteri and femdopholis have the probiotics that are needed for healthy flora. Sorry you have ot go through this. Having a vagina sucks sometimes :(
Also have you gotten your vitamin d levels checked? I have a friend who was very defficient and it was causing her monthly bv. good luck :)

Thanks honey. I do take 800mg of folic acid a day, along with acidophilus (probiotic) I havent noticed much difference so far but it has only been 2 months so will keep trying. Its a horrible infection and the cleaner you are, the worse it gets!! Cant win! Lol.

The Vitamin D levels sound interesting though. I may have to look into that one! Thanks so much x x x

Thanks honey. I do take 800mg of folic acid a day, along with acidophilus (probiotic) I havent noticed much difference so far but it has only been 2 months so will keep trying. Its a horrible infection and the cleaner you are, the worse it gets!! Cant win! Lol.

The Vitamin D levels sound interesting though. I may have to look into that one! Thanks so much x x x

Just wanted to clarify that the folic acid needs to be taken in high doses....like 1600 mg 3x per day to help treat bv. Also, acidopholis is great, but I have read that it is rhasmosis and reuteri that that help the vaginal flora. If you can take all three it would be best. It is important to buy the refrigerated kind. I have pelvic muscle problems which mimic infections, so before the docs figured it out they thought I had infections and I had to do a ton of research on bv and yeast. For bv those seemed to be the things that helped it the most..along with hydrogen peroxide. There are women who swore by the folic acid and probiotics, who had bv for many many years every month! Best of luck!!

Oh wow, I didnt realise I needed that much Folic acid!! Never heard of the other two you mentioned. You certainly have done your research haha. This is such a great help. Im going to give it a try. Thanks again........ I shall keep you informed :) xx

I had bv a long time along time ago. Treated with metro gel and oral antis and never got it again. Maybe u should see a diff doctor?

StranjeGirl...... ive found something called Fem Dophilus. It has the 2 ingredients in it which you mentioned. Im going to order some and report back. Fingers crossed!!! xx

I've had BV many many times, not sure if it's every month but pretty close at times. I got pregnant quite easily the first time with DS and had no trouble.
I take acidopholus daily and that seems to help me now. I usually take the max dose.
Good luck hun!

Try the probiotic that you use internally. (in your vagina) Id try it for at least two bottles... Id also get some ph strips and test your vag ph daily. I have ph tabs from the health food store that I take when my vag ph is off. Get hubby on a high dose probiotic as well. Watch your caffeinne and sugar intake. Both encourage nasty ph unbalance. GL!!!

Thanks Sherileigh, I already taken a dose of approx 10 bill acidophilus. Hasnt helped so far but I probably do need to give it longer!

Gaer, I use the litmus paper ph strips and im ALWAYS above 5 or so :-( Its funny you should say about caffiene though as i drink soooooooo much coffee!!! Im going to give it up as from tomorrow. Im literally going to just try anything and everything now and report back with results!! xx

StranjeGirl...... ive found something called Fem Dophilus. It has the 2 ingredients in it which you mentioned. Im going to order some and report back. Fingers crossed!!! xx
That;s great! Keep it in the fridge and google the folic acid thing! :)

how do you know if youh ave BV? x
Some have no symptoms. Most apparent symptom is a fishy odor, especially when you come into contact with something alkaline like sperm...so after sex you may really smell it! Other symptoms can be burning, itching, and milky white or greyish vaginal discharge. The thing that really links it to BV is the smell since other infections can cause itching, burning etc.

Keep us posted! I have had BV once in a while. but ALOT when preg. The coffee and probiotic fixed it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->