BV causing TTC problems????

Only thing I had was grey discharge and fishy smell after sex. Hope I dont get it again and hope you all can rid of it soon.

hey loobyloo i get bv only around ovulation for the last 3 months but i have been getting swabs and my swabs from december are clear so i dunno whats going on it's horrible, i don't know if it is defo bv but i don't mean to be disgusting but around ovulation when we have alot of sex i get a bit of a smell :blush: its happened the last 3months, after ovulation it goes like whats happening, is there anything that gets rid of it, it's very embarassing, last month it wasn't so bad but there's been one or two months that have been very bad! anyone any idea's? or anything that gets rid of it, it only happens at ovulation!

hey loobyloo i get bv only around ovulation for the last 3 months but i have been getting swabs and my swabs from december are clear so i dunno whats going on it's horrible, i don't know if it is defo bv but i don't mean to be disgusting but around ovulation when we have alot of sex i get a bit of a smell :blush: its happened the last 3months, after ovulation it goes like whats happening, is there anything that gets rid of it, it's very embarassing, last month it wasn't so bad but there's been one or two months that have been very bad! anyone any idea's? or anything that gets rid of it, it only happens at ovulation!
Does it go away on its own? I get a strange smell too sometimes. I used ot get it right after my period for 2 days, that was when I was on BC. Now I have sometimes noticed it around ovulation. I did read that it is very common for us to have an imbalance due to hormone changes during our cycle and that our body works itself out...so not really a full blown infection, just a change in ph or something. I dont know, having a vagina just sucks. I am so sick of it.

Hey babygirl89, thats how mine started........ slight BV always around ovulation, then its seemed to clear up on its on. Confusing!!!! Each month its progressed and now its constant :-(

I definitely feel its hindered me conceiving as its too hostile for the sperm. The 2 months I used treatment after my AF, I conceived but then after conception BV was back and both times I had early miscarriages. I really think its due to this damn BV!!! xx

Hi! Fellow sufferer of BV here although not for a while now. It really is awful isn't it? I felt so icky and just wanted it gone forever! I did a lot of research and one website recommended Lactobacillus acidophilus capsules which you can get from Holland and Barrett (https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=753&prodid=809). Apparently BV can be prevented by what you put in as well as up your body (sorry if that was a bit crude!) :haha: and the good bacteria in these capsules will balance out the bad bacteria down there. Well I got some and (touch wood) have not had it since December! Would definitely recommend.

I also found a tampon dipped in natural organic yoghurt, inserted and left overnight cleared it up brilliantly. Some websites say this doesn't work but personally I thought it did the job beautifully!

Hope this helps :hugs:

Thanks babylady...... Ive tried the acidophilus and havent noticed a difference. Im going to experiment with a few different things (havent tried yoghurt yet) and report back with the results. Ive got the clinic for swabs this morning so going to ask them to test me for everything as worried there may be an underlying problem xx

Thanks babylady...... Ive tried the acidophilus and havent noticed a difference. Im going to experiment with a few different things (havent tried yoghurt yet) and report back with the results. Ive got the clinic for swabs this morning so going to ask them to test me for everything as worried there may be an underlying problem xx

Ah, good luck hun - hope you find something that works for you - it's a bl**dy nightmare isn't it? :hugs:

ohhhh thanks for this ladies I have suspected I have had this for a while tbh!! But only since ttc I have become more aware of my body etc!! Lat month was the 1st month ttc but i had a very early m/c and I have wondered if it could be linked to this?? anybody know!? Also I HAVE noticed that I smell after sex only when I ovulate I thought this was linked to ovulation and I always used to think oh i know when I am ovulating because I can smell it but reading you ladies comments it now sounds like I have bv which like I said have suspected for a while! Does any one know if the pro biotics are safe to take whilst ttc!? Many thanks!!

ohhhh thanks for this ladies I have suspected I have had this for a while tbh!! But only since ttc I have become more aware of my body etc!! Lat month was the 1st month ttc but i had a very early m/c and I have wondered if it could be linked to this?? anybody know!? Also I HAVE noticed that I smell after sex only when I ovulate I thought this was linked to ovulation and I always used to think oh i know when I am ovulating because I can smell it but reading you ladies comments it now sounds like I have bv which like I said have suspected for a while! Does any one know if the pro biotics are safe to take whilst ttc!? Many thanks!!

Yep, they're safe! In fact they have quite a few benefits - just found this article which I've copied & pasted...

According to the latest research, if probiotics are taken by women during their first trimester of pregnancy, then there are less chances of suffering from obesity after childbirth. During pregnancy, there is an immense impact of obesity and the effects are seen both in the mother and the child. Adiposity or central obesity, is an unhealthy form of obesity which represents fat bellies. The mother passes on the good bacteria to the baby through the birth canal and through breast milk. It has been proved that early incorporation of probiotics may reduce the risk of obesity later in life.
All sounds good to me! :happydance:

Hey Lozzie! Sounds the same as me (always round ov) Its definitely BV hun and ive had 2 early m/c so i do think its linked :-( Ive just got back from the clinic and luckily it was a female gyno!! haha. She seemed quite concerned so swabbed me for EVERYTHING including strep B and Trich too. I'll get results in 3 weeks but she did diagnose me there and then with BV. Ive been given a double course of Zidoval gel. Anyone tried this????? Ive only had metro Gel in the past xxx

ohhh thanks for that I will try and get a doctors appointment as soon as possible for next week i think I am currently oving at the moment and I really hope this does not affect my chances this month of ttc :( My oh takes loads of biotic pills as his stomach suffers just told him about it and he is really keen to help and get me on the right ones as he has done loads of research because of his gut!!! so thats good!! He recently got tested for lots of stis as he thought he had a uti all neg so I assume I am as well on that front but obviously men do not get bv so will have to get checked for this!! So glad I read this thread!! Do you know if you can buy the gel over the counter and do they advise not to ttc whilst using it?

Wow your OH sounds like a good'n bless him! Well you should definitely try acidophilus (probiotics) i dont think ive taken a high enough dosage so im going to increase it. Theres a product called Fem Dophilus which im ordering as the reviews for this curing BV are fab!! The only thing you can buy over the couter is - balanc activ gel. It does help for a week or so but then the BV is back. You could try it though hun.

Also something else to bear in mind...... men cant catch BV but they can have trichomonas which is basically the male version. Ive sent my OH to the doctors today to get swabbed for this as could be the reason for recurrent BV xx

yeah i don't mean to be disgusting but it is a fishy smell around ovulation and it doesn't matter how much i wash it won't go away it's disgusting, i didn't really notice it that bad last month as i started taking vitamin b6 and epo and agnus cactus, what's probiotic how do i buy this and where???

Ooooh babygirl, how you finding the agnus cactus???? Ive wondered about trying this.

The probiotics you want for BV are acidohilus - you can get them from anywhere but mine were holland and barratt ones. If you google acidophilus + BV you'll find loads of success stories. Im upping my dose as been advised to take 2-4 tablets per day and ive only been taking 1 lol.

P.S the ROTTEN FISH smell is hideous and the most embarrassing thing in the world :-( xx

Hey there! Congrats on your pregnancy! I was searching for info about BV causing problems TTC and found your thread. Was wondering if you had an updates (Loobyloo30) from that doc appointment. Any luck with the combo of Fem Dophilus or HD Folic Acid or anything!!?!? Were you BV free the month you conceived? Sorry so many ?'s I am just really wanting info about this!:)

Hello hun! Awwww thanks :) I definitely think BV stopped me conceiving as I had it every single month without fail! Finally I used balance activ gel for 5 days just before ovulation and was BV clear for about 2 weeks which was when I managed to fall pregnant!! It took us 8 months of actively trying but the 8th month was my only BV free month xx

We are in our 8th month now.. I've had a few problems with BV in the past, but not like this.. only real thing different was adding Preseed! Then I saw your post about it and immediately had a million questions:) thanks for the reply! I was about to head to the drugstore and buy all the acidophilus/ fem dophilus/folic acid and everything else I could... have never seen balace activ gel... but I will look for it.. JUST had it less than 2 months ago and did the round of Flagyl that sucks sooo bad! It worked, but now its back! Anyway, I have been worried that it is effecting TTC... so did your OB/GYN say anything about it when you went to the doc?

Preseed made my BV flare up a million times worse!! It was awful :( I tried folic acid, fem doph etc and nothing worked. I even tried yoghurt and peroxide up there (sorry TMI) Nothing at all worked. Flagyl worked for about a week!! Literally i think it was timing! You need to finish the treatment about 4 days before you ovulate as then your BV clear for a week or so which gives you time to conceive :) You can buy balance activ on ebay hun, its only about £7 and definitely did the trick for me. Ive not had BV once since i fell pregnant which is so strange!!! My doc said BV shouldnt affect TTC but i definitely think otherwise xx

Hello ladies! I just got diagnosed with the horrible BV as well!! My RE found it when he did a culture or I'd have never known! Now, I am worried that it may be a reason why DH and I have been trying for 5 cycles and have not fallen preggo yet!! I am also concerned about it coming back! I read on another thread to try Rephresh Pro-B which is a probiotic for women that is supposed to help balance yeast and bacteria. It is a once a day capsule. I started using it yesterday. I am on day 2 of the nasty antibiotic cream that I have to insert vaginally for 7 days (yuck)! I am allergic to Flagyl, so I was put on Clindamycin. I am going to keep taking the Rephresh Pro-B daily and hope that it stops the BV from returning! It is expensive though!! I found it at Walgreens in the lady aisle. I heard Walmart has it too. I see my RE next week and well ask him about it as well. I just wanted to pass this along! :winkwink:

Hello ladies! I just got diagnosed with the horrible BV as well!! My RE found it when he did a culture or I'd have never known! Now, I am worried that it may be a reason why DH and I have been trying for 5 cycles and have not fallen preggo yet!! I am also concerned about it coming back! I read on another thread to try Rephresh Pro-B which is a probiotic for women that is supposed to help balance yeast and bacteria. It is a once a day capsule. I started using it yesterday. I am on day 2 of the nasty antibiotic cream that I have to insert vaginally for 7 days (yuck)! I am allergic to Flagyl, so I was put on Clindamycin. I am going to keep taking the Rephresh Pro-B daily and hope that it stops the BV from returning! It is expensive though!! I found it at Walgreens in the lady aisle. I heard Walmart has it too. I see my RE next week and well ask him about it as well. I just wanted to pass this along! :winkwink:

Did your RE say that this might be the reason for not conceiving? I have read that it has can cause an increased chance of MC but I think we all agree here it seems to keep swimmies from meeting the egg! My guess is because the pH is out of whack and has to be in a certain range for them to meet.... Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->