By when do you think you would have bought everything (or nearly everything)for baby?

calm

Reaction score
Just wondering by when you all think you will be done with your purchases. I am 22 weeks, and I have started to buy quite a few bits of clothes, but that it is. I think I know what pram I want, but haven't bought it yet, the same as the baby bath and what car seats we will have. At what time in your pregnancy would you say you had everything bought and ready? (or plan to)

Good question... I don't think I will, to be honest! I would imagine there is always something else you can get and list could just grow and grow. I've been very relaxed up until now, but all of a sudden this weekend I HAD to make a proper list of everything I needed/wanted and I have already gone off on a buying tangent away from it!

At the moment I'm having a bit of a buying frenzy, but want to calm down a bit or I will have everything by 30 weeks, and then just keep buying anyway and overspend.

Plan on being finished about 32 weeks like last time, including packing hospital bag as he could come early.
With my first (and only straightforward pregnancy!) I finished about 36 weeks

I'd recommend as your having twins finishing a little earlier too :)

Definitely better to be prepared-I hadn't bought much with dd2 when my waters started leaking at 28 weeks, so panic shopped :haha:

I am 28w4d and have almost bought everything.

I am definitely done clothes wise, just the small, probably insignificant bits left to go!

Plus a few things that are essential like the crib the baby will sleep in, the cot blanket and the changing bag, my mum is buying me.. which she will give me at the baby shower.

I dont think you can ever truly finish buying until the baby shower is over.

I ordered my beautiful furniture today so very excited about that!

x

I've always bought everything just a few lil bits to buy like muslins, fitted sheets etc. Off on holiday next week so no more buying til we're back. So reckon we'll be done by 35 weeks :) xx

Ooops, looks like I am going about this the wrong way then, better get back to the shopping... what a shame ;-)

I don't know myself :shrug: I feel a bit "early" even though I am only buying clothes, I don't know when it will feel "right" to dive in and start buying everything, maybe by 26 weeks?

I too am having twins and right now it's difficult not knowing what others will be getting us and what we will be getting ourselves. Since donations have been coming in all we've bought are some diapers and some onesies. Others have given us: nursing pillow, new bottles, blankets, and a few other things.

We probably will buy the cribs in August and my baby shower isn't until September but I think I've convinced my dh to have most of the nursery done before that so I can show it to people at the shower.

I'm a bit worried to tell you the truth that we will have everything in time since twins come early sometimes. Right now I'm due October 29th.

My shower won't be until late August, early September. So I'm trying to wait to buy too much till after then. Makes me a little nervous since I'll be about 35 weeks by then and my son was almost two weeks early.

All we need to buy is the pram, moses basket stand and clothes this time around :) and then when he/she is born we will need a new cot bed mattress as katie has the old one on her toddler bed.
We have been discussing cloth nappies aswell so need to look into that abit more too, and other that that its just little bits and bobs we will need to get.
So we will probably be 'done' quite early :) xxx

With my first, I had just about everything by 33 weeks. There are some things I didn't buy until after his birth though, like a breast pump. This pregnancy, I've only bought a few clothes so far. We'll be buying the crib mattress and carseat in the next few weeks. We have stuff left from my first, so I don't feel so rushed and think I can probably get by with trying to use what we have before buying much new.

We have everything other then loose ends! Crib set was delivered Saturday and the room will be painted next week. I want to enjoy third tri by the pool!!!

I'm hoping to be finished by 33 weeks (we are going on holiday then, so it seems like a sensible time to be done). We are maybe 2/3 of the way there with buying things, but the nursery is currently piled up with stuff and no where near done!

It's our 2nd and tbh I wasn't planning on really buying anything! I'll pick up some new muslins and towels, new teats for bottles, nappies and cotton wool probably as and when I do a supermarket / Boots shop from August. I will also have my bag ready again for 32wks. Apart from that when the winter baby clothes come in I'll get a couple of packs of new sleep suits and a present for my DS. I'm more focused on getting DS bedroom ready and finishing off DIY jobs.

I'm 25 weeks today and haven't even started. I mean we have some stuff from my DD but that's more like bottles and toys. We need everything else and we haven't even started cleaning out the room that will be the baby's room. I haven't even bought a first outfit or anything :( But I'd agree you'll never really be done. A lot of the stuff you don't even need right away anyway. But you'll always be running out to the store for this or that in the moment that you didn't realize you needed. I have my shower planned for about 32 weeks, I'm praying I don't get pre-eclampsia again because I had my dd at 30 weeks but luckily had my shower right before. So once I have my shower, I'll see what I still need. But this time we're a lot more relaxed about it. The baby really just needs a place to sleep and food to eat, and diapers... so we know we can provide that no matter what. The rest will come when... we get around to it. LOL

Well I'm advancing on the clothes front, getting quite a few bits, but that is it. I know what pram I'm having, but I am going to wait to get it, and still have to decide on other things like what cribs I want. I think I will have the main stuff by 30 weeks!

When baby arrives. We plan to get the bits from sept/oct onwards, baby due end of December :) x

I was done by about 25 weeks with the main stuff.. Now i am just topping up nappy/wipes supplies when i go shopping. Also i'm a sucker for clothes so i'm always buying more x

I was all done by 32 weeks having been told I was going to have her early and as I had her at 35 weeks it was a relief I didn't have to run around after.
As your having twins and are high risk for ptl I would definitely aim to be ready for. 30 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->