c-sec and normal birth-what is more painful?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
please tell me
i had natural birth without pain relief and it was ....
...so painful ,lol but i'm scared to death having a knife cutting on my tummy:dohh:
hope my next one will be natural anyway
anyone experienced both,please tell me?

My friend did both and said she would much rather do natural than caeser any day.

I had both and I would do natural any day. But a c-section is not as bad as I thought it would be just a longer healing process.

I had natural birth with no pain relief either and it was horrible!!! But I would not want to go through a c section must be so hard for new mummies to do anything and very painful xx

i had a emergency c-section .I did not want one at all i was terrified but to be honest it was really ok , for me anyway.. i was up the next morning walking around and had hardly any pain , but it might just be with me because i am used to operations due to heart problems .. xxx

I've only had a c-section but there's no way on this god given earth I want to go through the pain of that again. Its major abdominal surgery compared to something your body is meant to do. I think I'd rather have natural

I had a planned section with Charlotte and Thomas and I thought it was great! I felt that I healed really quickly considering.

This time around although I've been offered the opportunity for another planned section, I'd rather do it naturally simply because of the healing time, not being able to drive for 6 weeks and C and T will want picking up and it'll be totally impossible to say no. Can't say I'm looking forward to the whole labour malarky though!

I've only had a c-section, and the actual procedure part was fine (sooooo much better than I thought it would be, and I wasn't as scared as I expected) - its the healing time that sucks. I'm absolutely fine now, but in the early days after you've just had your little one you can't really do much. I found the worst thing sitting up in bed to feed her or get up to her, initially it took me forever! I couldn't even go out and push her about in the pram as I live in a hilly area, and even walking about for long periods, like if I went to town, was painful after a while.

I had an emergency c section and its not been any bother. The actual procedure was fine (due to the epidural and diamorphine) and i've had no problems since. I stayed in hospital a bit longer-4 days-but that was fine as it allowed me to get breast feeding established and since getting home my wound hasn't played up much. I do need to take things a bit easier though. The biggest problem is the not being able to drive for a while (although not nec as long as 6 weeks)

I had an emergency section & I defo dont regret getting that done .. I'd do that any day than having a natural birth .. the pain isnt that bad .. jus walked after it is a bit sore

I've had a natural birth with no pain relief, and two abdominal operations (not exactly a c-section, but similar I guess)

I would take a natural birth any day.

I had emergency section also (was my first so I havent had a natural birth) although I look back and think well yeah it wasnt so bad, i think id much rather have a natural birth. I have been told by surgeon who did my section that I wouldnt ever be able to have a natural birth now. Not quite sure why, so I think becuse I no longer have the option it makes me lean towards natural if i had the choice. Its like being told you clould never eat chocolate any more. The more you knew you culdnt have it the more you want it.

The healing process is slow, and its left certain parts of my tummy completely numb to the point where I actually cant feel it and the only way i know im toiching it is through my finger tips. Dead weird

x

I had a natural birth (but with epidural) and I found it very very painful. However I'd probably do the natural again because of the healing time, this way I was on my feet and actually drove myself and Lola home from the hospital!

i had an emergency c section and to this day it still upsets me i didnt have a natural birth my healing pain was terrible and my wound opened up on me was horrific i couldnt even lay flat in bed it hurt too much

I had emergency section also (was my first so I havent had a natural birth) although I look back and think well yeah it wasnt so bad, i think id much rather have a natural birth. I have been told by surgeon who did my section that I wouldnt ever be able to have a natural birth now. Not quite sure why, so I think becuse I no longer have the option it makes me lean towards natural if i had the choice. Its like being told you clould never eat chocolate any more. The more you knew you culdnt have it the more you want it.

The healing process is slow, and its left certain parts of my tummy completely numb to the point where I actually cant feel it and the only way i know im toiching it is through my finger tips. Dead weird

x

my stomach is still numb too even though i know i am touching it with my finger tips cant feel anything x

I think my next one will be natural too. I was walking already a few hours after i gave birth to Lincoln and the cut "down there" was a bit deep because his head was big,lol and the worst part was when i had the last few stitching without pain relief cause I had a few already and the doctor didn;'t recommend to inject me another one OUCH!!!!

I only had a c-section, but the procedure itself was fine (just lots of tugging and pressure), but I was so out of it I had to fight to keep my eyes open long enough to take a peek at my baby girl. I wish I was more alert but those drugs make you wooozy. The recovery was sooo painful though, not to scare anyone but it was the worst pain I've ever experienced, just trying to shift over a bit was excruciating and the pain meds only did so much. Still it was only really bad for a few weeks and I'd rather do that then natural birth, sorry if tmi but I want my girly bits to stay the same!

I sort of did both with the one baby! I laboured for 2 days with a breech baby and ended with an emergency c-section (as it took till I was 8 cms dialated before they realised he was a breech bubba)

The procedure itself wasn't an issue, I was so exhausted and then in shock about him being breech after I'd worked so hard to deliever him naturally, that it was almost a relief when they did it.

BUT I was in heaps of pain, I wasn't able to sit up to bf, they took bubba away from me for nearly an hour while they stitched me up, I had to BF on the side for about a week, which was challenging, and I was still in pain getting up and down off the couch until 5 weeks afterwards.

So... I'd have really preferred to have pushed through that last little bit of contractions I had, as my labour had started progressing quite fast and I was just starting to have the urge to push... the obstiatrician when he was checking me when they suspected a breech was saying to me "stop pushing" and I'm thinking "huh, but I'm not pushing!" I really wanted to deliver him naturally.... but... there was no way after 48 hours in labour I could have delievered a breech baby.... particularly when the monitors were indicating he was in distress! Next time, I'm gonna deliver naturally! ANYTHING will be easier than what I went through with Jasper!

I have only had an emergency section. For me the whole thing was awful!

I could feel more than just the usual tugging and pulling in fact i was yelling at them to stop and knock me out coz i could feel it all!

Then i couldn't(wasn't allowed) out of bed for 2days and it took me nearly 2wks to be able to get out of bed on my own without feeling like my stomach was being ripped out!!

If i could then i would opt natural all the way.

I still get pains from my scar 6mnths on and as the other ladies said some parts are numb etc. Not nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->