C section at 35 weeks

My 7th baby was born at 35+5, weighed 5lbs 9oz and spent 8 days in scbu, learning to feed and then put on weight, he had a few breathing problems at birth but that would out down to my placenta being infected and affecting him, he was in an incubator for a few hours after birth, then could maintain his temperature and was in an open cot after that.
My 5th baby was born at 35+4, she weighed 5lbs 12oz and was home with me 24 hrs later.
My 3rd was born at 36+0, weighed 5lbs 4oz and apart from having a bit of trouble maintaining her temperature for a few hours after birth, she was fine.
My 6th was also 36+0, he weighed 6lbs 7oz and again needed a but of time under a heater to maintain his temperature and we were home 36 hrs after he was born x

Sounds like you have had a lot of experience with late term premies with very minimal problems and short stays. Did you notice any differences in your late preterm babies compared to your full term when they were home?

The main differences were that they slept a lot more for the first month or so, it was very strange when my last baby was born as she was 39 weeks and I hadn't had gone that far in pregnancy for 12 yrs and she was so much more awake and alert than my last 3 babies! They smiled later too, my last 35 weeker was 10 weeks before he smiled, but as he was awake less that probably had something to do with it. They all reached their milestones at similar ages, the earlier ones weren't any later than the full term ones, some were even earlier

Glad to hear that they weren't too off their milestones compared to your full-termers!

My little girl was born at 35+3, she was 5lb 5oz, and the only special care she needed was for her temp and for jaundice. We weren't allowed to hold her properly other than feeding and changing for 3 days but she came home on day 3 too! She did drop to 4lb 14oz and didn't gain until she was on formula - I also wasn't allowed to breast feed properly to start because she was small and loosing weight and they worried if she fed for longer than 10 mins each side she would burn to many calories so she ended up having expressed breast milk but as I say, didn't gain until she went onto formula (my husband had an op when she was 6 days old so I was very stressed and milk supply decreased drastically)
We ended up back in hospital for a few hours when she was 2.5 weeks old because she had apnea which we were told was because she was prem and small but were told she was ok to be at home :) so that's all she's really suffered from with being prem, she has reflux which is more common in prem babies but loads of babies term get it too so it doesn't really mean anything with being prem :)
We had been told to expect to be in until due date but she defied all odds against her so I know we were really lucky.
Fingers are crossed for you and your LO xx

Thank you for your story. Did you nave steroids with your dd? I have been told to expect lo to be in hospital on average to 37 weeks. Some go home earlier and others later. I really hope I can breast feed. But as long as lo is healthy I will do what ever I need to

No, despite problems from 28 weeks they didn't give me steroids, but luckily she didn't have problems with her lungs anyway :) I was told to expect to be in until her due date but she was born on the Wednesday and we came home on the Saturday :)
She was abit delayed with head control to start with and is still abit in the small side, but she rolled for the first time at 17 weeks 4 days almost exactly the same as my son who was born at 39+4, since she gained her head control, she has come on leaps and bounds and isn't behind with anything. Only this is she is almost 5 months and still mainly in 0-3, and still had the odd newborn bit :) but 3-6 isn't overly big now lol x

I had my baby at 35+0 weeks and he weighed 5lbs 10oz and was absolutely perfect. They sent him to the NICU straight after birth as a precaution, but after a few hours of observation, they let him stay in my room, and then he came home with me two days later. He's now almost 2 weeks old and doing great. :flower:

Aw congratulations spiffy!
Great weight.
Well done 👍
enjoy your wee man
Xx

Such great news! Congrats! My section is scheduled for next thur and I will be 35+1 that day. Praying all is well. Last fri baby measured 5lb 3oz so hoping they will be a good weight.

Congratulations spiffy, I also had 34+3 baby weighing 5.7lbs @ 4wks he was 8.3lbs.

Good luck anonymousCat

Such great news! Congrats! My section is scheduled for next thur and I will be 35+1 that day. Praying all is well. Last fri baby measured 5lb 3oz so hoping they will be a good weight.

Sounds like you little one might be a similar weight to mine, which everyone at the hospital said was great for the gestation. Good luck! I'll be watching for an update. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->