C section incision bleeding 2 wks post op

channy3232

Reaction score
I had a c section 5/28. Everything has been going fine. Been taking motrin for the soreness. Since the operation it's just kind if felt tight. Like my skin is tight. Today I did some shopping and came home, fed LO, got up to go to the bathroom and while I was peeing I lifted up my little pudge of a stomach to look at the incision. Well to my surprise I was bleeding. Not a lot but there is blood oozing out of two spots along the incision. Like it came open in a few spots. I called the dr and he didn't seem concerned because I don't have a fever. He said he doesn't think I need to rush into the ER for it but to go into the office tomorrow. So he wrote down my name and said he would have someone call me to make an appointment and if I didn't hear from them by 9 I was supposed to call and say I talked to the dr and make an appointment.
I was just concerned because I'm 2 1/2 weeks out from the surgery and it's like I'm taking a step back. I wonder if I didn't overdo it when I went shopping today and pulled something open?? I was about to shower too. Should I get it wet? Not get it wet? I don't want to screw anything up!!

Don't get it wet

Take it easy & don't overdo it AT ALL,

Try not to lift anything...

Keep the area clean and dry.

Continue taking pain medication and keep an eye on your temperature, how you feel, and any discharge from the area.

If there's a lot, you should go to an emergency room.
If you get a temperature, go to an emergency room.
If you feel sick (ie: throwing up, extremely exhausted, etc) call your doctor again.

shit! How do I shower?? And how should I clean it?? Should I put gauze over it? I'm so scared to move now for fear somethings going to open more!

Hmm you can shower but I would definitely not take a bath.
You can put gauze over it if you want and keep that on with medical tape.

My incision opened 1w2d after the c-section and it was disgusting - it was leaking A LOT, it smelled really bad, and I was running a fever. I also had fatigue and nausea- vomitted once.

Keep us posted on how it goes hun. I hope it's alright!!

As for cleaning it I would recommend soaking a gauze square with saline if you can.

wow so yours was majorly infected then I take it? I took my temp a few times and it didn't go over 98.9. The dr had said 100.4 was the magic number that I should be concerned about. So I'm ok so far fever wise. I took a shower and made sure to pat it really dry. I'm just waiting to hear from a nurse in the morning to make an appt for a dr to look at it. Wish me luck.

Good luck hun! Yeah I had a really bad infection. I still have an open hole in my abdomen, it's just the skin that needs to heal back now, but I know I'm going to have a nasty scar and I think probably a dent kinda in that area!!

Went to dr today. He took one look at it and was like oh it looks really good! What I have are a few little spots of the top layer of skin that are open. He said they're so superficial it's like if you brushburn your skin. He put a bandaid on it so it didn't bleed on my clothes and told me to change nothing. Keep washing with soap and water. Sent me on my way. Guess I overreacted but I'm glad I got to hear it's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->