C-section questions/VBAC?

Missy08

Reaction score
Hello! :flower: DH & I are currently expecting baby #3. Our first was born naturally with no complications. She was on the smaller side (5lbs 8 oz) and was born at 37 weeks. Our second was an induction and ended up being a C-section for failure to descend. I also developed a temp during labor so baby was taken to the NICU right after she was born.

This time I was told I could try for a VBAC but that my uterus was tilted and I might just not be able to have larger babies vaginally....? My question is with a "normal" C-section delivery, how long do you usually have to wait to breastfeed and to skin to skin with baby? I really want to be able to hold the baby and try nursing right away and have that immediate time together.

Hi Missy

Ive had 1 planned csection (breech baby) & second was csection as none progressive labour, both times i was able to do skin to skin & breast feeding as soon as i got back to recovery room which was probs about 20-30mins after babies were born..

This baby which is due December will be a planned csection & i intend to skin-skin & breast feed as with my previous :)

Thanks for the reply! I was assuming that was the case but wasn’t sure.

I’ll be delivering in December as well! Hoping a planned c section goes smoother than my last!

I never wanted to be induced because of intervention.. i did go naturally into labour with baby no2 the evening before my booked csection funnily enough lol but had waters broke etc to move things along & my body wasn’t having any of it! Planned csections are so chilled, no rush or stress & i found recovery is less painful with a planned one :) im sure yours will be aswell Missy, when is your due date? Mines 17th Dec but being that it’ll be booked for wk 39 baby will be here around the 10th i reckon x

I’m due the 27th of December and but c section would be around the 20th I’m assuming. I have an appointment tomorrow so I’ll talk to her more then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->