c section recovery belt?

Bonnie11

Where's the Stork?
Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

Ive seen this question posted a few times but no real answers given! Does anyone have any ideas on a post c section belt? There are so many around but the thought of using a corset on my newly hacked open stomach seems ratger scary! Does anyone have any experience with them? I know in the US they seem to give them routinely after sections but does anyone know what brand\have a pic of them? It seems to be a minefield and they are expensive... The most popular one in the UK seems to be the Belly Bandit but it looks like it would sit right on my scar!

thanks girls

I'm in the US and have never been given one. This will be my third c-section in a few weeks and I was actually wondering about them this time around! (I'll be taking care of a newly 2yr old this time around).

Im not sure either but I do know of a little tip for a belly band to keep from rubbing on your incision. Take a thin pad and put it over the incision so that there is a soft barrier between your belly and the band.

Have you looked on amazon? There are a few on there that aren't too pricy. Im looking at one for after baby and its about $20.

Ahh all the posts I had seen about having them in the hospital were mum's from US so I assumed they were given routinely!

Cews I have seen some cheaper ones on Amazon, have heard such mixed reviews about them some love having a binder and others hate them! I think I might order one of the cheaper ones and see how I get on for a few weeks and then order the Belly Bandit if I like it! X

Ahh all the posts I had seen about having them in the hospital were mum's from US so I assumed they were given routinely!

Cews I have seen some cheaper ones on Amazon, have heard such mixed reviews about them some love having a binder and others hate them! I think I might order one of the cheaper ones and see how I get on for a few weeks and then order the Belly Bandit if I like it! X

Try ebay, I typed in csection belts, I bought 2 for 5.99 each and they seem quite good. The first time round I felt like my insides were ready to drop out at any time, especially when walking and sneezing so I'm hoping these help. I'll be trying the maternity pad covering the scar too! Good luck

If you find one Bonnie, I'd be interested in as well. Anything that is going to help. If I see one, I'll post here too x

I was thinking of getting one of these too but the official ones are quite expensive and the cheaper ones dont look very comfy over the scar. I find the advertising a bit midleading as the women wearing them are incredibly slim and dont look like they have just given birth at all hahah so its difficult to tell!

I looked into those for my second c section (never been given one .....in the us) but asked my Dr about it and he said he doesn't recommend them because it takes longer for the muscles to recover as you rely on the band. He said to just continue using a folded sheet for support when standing or sitting. It would be nice for the support but I am planning on not using one for my third as well.

I’m gona use the theraline belt this time but have no experience with it as I didn’t use it last time. It’s got a shield thing so nothing pressing on the wound and it helps protect from knocks apparently so here’s hoping!

I saw the theraline but it's as much to avoid diastasis (much more common with c section) as healing and the theraline didn't pull you in at all, just rested on scar. That said it did look more comfy than the one I've ordered! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->