C section soreness between incision and belly button

bump2be

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I delivered my son by c section about 2 weeks ago and am experiencing extremely sore skin between the incision and my belly button. Anything that touches the skin hurts me, even the slightest touch. Has any one else experienced this and how long did it take to go back to normal?

bump2be

My csection was last week and i have the same pain too. I actually dont have pain on my incision it is the skin above the incision, it feels swollen, painful and hot all the time.

I had that for a while - I can't remember exactly how long but it was a while and even just clothes touching it was sore. After a while it started to be more numb than anything and my belly still feels kind of numb 6 months on. The incision area is still quite tender at times.

Whoa, I have the same thing, and was going to write a post on it actually. My dr did say that the incision is actually 3 inches below where they do the surgery inside our belly. The incision is lower for ascetics sake, and the real surgery takes place just below the belly button on the inside. That's why it hurts.

Mine is 2 weeks old as well and is very tender. Not sure if I should get it checked out or not. Wouldn't hurt I suppose. They do say it's a very long recovery though. I just don't know when it's a bad pain or a normal healing pain, that's my issue.

AlwaysPraying, I didn't know that about the real surgery taking place just below the belly button. It makes sense then that the area below the belly button is so senstive!

I have the same issue, I'm not sure if the pain I'm feeling is normal or not. It's so frustrating. I would love to feel normal again :cry:

Whoa, I have the same thing, and was going to write a post on it actually. My dr did say that the incision is actually 3 inches below where they do the surgery inside our belly. The incision is lower for ascetics sake, and the real surgery takes place just below the belly button on the inside. That's why it hurts.

Mine is 2 weeks old as well and is very tender. Not sure if I should get it checked out or not. Wouldn't hurt I suppose. They do say it's a very long recovery though. I just don't know when it's a bad pain or a normal healing pain, that's my issue.

mine went away sometime with in the last two weeks. i cant remember exactly when but i just noticed a couple weeks ago that it didnt hurt to touch my tummy anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->