C section stitches..

oox_tasha_xoo

Reaction score
Hi ladies, how long did it take for your stitches to dissolve?
Also how long did you bleed for?
Thankyou :flower:

I can't remember how long stitches took though but I only bleed for a week and it was lighter than a normal period. It was a shock after 2 natural births where I bleed for at least 4 weeks

I bled for 3 weeks and I had mine taken out 5 days after having my boy xx

Im on day ten and from about day 5/6 the bleeding became very light and now it's practically only spotting the last couple of days!
My stitches have dissolved too I think maybe day 8

I bled for ages after my section, i can't remember how long now but I do remember constantly googling it to see if it was normal I convinced myself something was wrong

i'm not sure how long it took my stitches to dissolve, with my first 2 c-sections i bled for about 4 weeks constantly, both times i had to go back to the hospital and get a scan to make sure nothing was left inside me.
with my 3rd c-section (6 months ago) i got staples and i swear it really made a difference, my healing was twice as quick and i hardly bled at all. i actually remember saying to my midwife something was wrong because i wasn't bleeding lol

Don't know about the stitches but I bled for just under 6 weeks. Was pretty light though

Had 3 weeks of really heavy bleeding then 3 weeks of light bleeding and spotting. Not sure about stitches though x

I bled for 5 weeks, stopped for a few days then my period started (think it's my period anyway :/)

I had my stitches out when my LO was 10 days old x

i bled normal lochia lightish for 3 weeks then stopped for a week and because i started the pill i bled heavily for 3 weeks again stopped now tho 8wks pp im sure my sticthes were dissolved bu day 10 when i removed my dressing but my incisions has broken a little twice like a little hole that bleeds for a few hours then scabs over but no infected so nothing to worry about xxx

i bled for two and half weeks then had my first period 5 weeks pp very heavy and lasted 8 days (4days is my normal period) just had second period and seems to have gone back to normal now. also i had my stitches out on day 5 after having my baby xx

I had a section nearly 9 weeks ago and I'm still bleeding it's heavy atm, it seems to go heavy and light and heavy again. fed up with it now. I bled 10 weeks after my last section.

I didn't get stitches, I had staples which were removed on day 5. I bled for ages, about 9 weeks - but I started using contraception at week 3 so that might have influenced it a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->