c section

josiegavin

Reaction score
hello ladies im pregnant with my 2nd baby and my 1st I had a c section with. Does this mean I will have to have a c section again.

Hello mummys to be how can I get a date thing sayin how long I got left at the bottom of me screen plz xxxx

Umm I don't know. But I would like to know I had a c section with my first too

Hi, I had an emergency c section with my first, the docs said I can try have a normal delivery, but only thing is if you don't go into labour naturally they won't induce you. That's what docs told me, speak to yours x

That's true. My first was c section, and second vaginal. I had to go into labor on my own and couldn't be over 1 week after due date. I had a c section scheduled exactly a week after my due date. I went into labor on my way to the hospital for the c section and they gave me a chance. It is possible.

My first was delivered 7 months ago via emergency c section, and because I am now pregnant again so soon after, my doctor is scheduling me for a c section a week before I'm due. Even if I happened to go into labor naturally, she will do another c section because the risk of the scar tearing open is too high. But there are plenty of women who go on to have vbacs. If this baby had waited just a few more months, my doctor would have been willing to let me try to have a vbac under the condition that I went into labor naturally. I would talk to your doctor about your options.

My first was a c-section because he was HUGE and didn't fit (over 11lbs). I had the green light for attempting a vbac with my second birth 18 months later (baby had to be head down and a birth weight ultrasound at 36 weeks had to estimate her at under 10.5lbs) but she had some pretty terrible cord issues so she ended up a c-section as well. 17 months after that (with the same caveats as my first attempted vbac PLUS I had the thickness of my uterine scar checked at 36 weeks (I think that had to be over 3.4mm) I had a successful vba2c. I'm going to try another one this time assuming baby isn't another 11 lber. Depending on where you live in the world you might have trouble finding a doctor to do a vbac (particularly in the USA) - but from what I've read online a lot of doctors in Canada and the UK are very much in favor of them.
Good luck!

My first was an EMCS over 4 years ago. I was told when I was pregnant with my second that I could have a VBAC even if I have to be induced. So I'm guessing it is hospital dependant. I was allowed to go over and wouldn't be induced until I was 42 weeks.

As luck would have it my waters went when I was 38+4 weeks and my contractions started the following day. I again ended up having a c section but due to a non pregnancy complication.

My first was an EMCS, when I was pregnant with my second he said they had to look at why I had the EMCS and then depending on that would determine if I could VBAC or not. I wasn't able to because I had a fibroid that was too close to my cervix and so my cervix couldn't dilate enough so since I still had the fibroid I had no choice. So I would suggest looking into why the c-section the first time :)

Good luck.

Technically you can, but you need to make sure your OB is on board - not all are willing to perform a VBAC.

Anyone feeling pain in their scar area after being pregnant again post c section?

i am on and off. i am only almost 6months pp of my emcs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->