Caesareans.

enigma

mum of 3 nearly 4.
Reaction score
I have had my 3 kids by caesarean and am now expecting my forth, i dont know what to expect from a 4th one because ive heard loads of rumours.
It worrys me a little, but not enough for me not to go through with it.
Have any of you had or know someone who has had a 4th caesarean? and if so, what should i expect?

I was wondering similar things about a third which I'm going to be having.

What sort of rumours have you heard?

I had my first via emergency C-section and because of the induction for two days prior the recovery was long.

My second was a planned C-section and the recovery was pretty quick.

I would assume that a third time around wouldn't be any different than if you had planned C-sections prior. What would be the difference?

I always heard that with each C-section after your first it gets easier and easier.

I'd be interested to hear the "rumors" you have heard.

I don't know where ur from, but here in Aus, they don't like to give anymore than 2-3 caesers. I'm not so sure bout the recovery, coz my friend took longer with her 2nd caeser than her 1st to recover.

Doctors say it's not the first or second c-section that are the problems but the 3rd and 4th etc. Like Sarah said they won't do more then 3 here because there are a lot more problems.

well ive had 3 c sections & this will be my 4th , when i went to see my gp she said because this being my 4th the consultant hospital will want to see more often & i will have to go for more scans but when i saw consultant at the hospital at my 20 week scan they didn,t seem to bottered that this was my 4th & i don,t have to go back untill 34 weeks . violet xx

Why don't they do a 4th? And if they don't do it the 4th time, what on earth do they intend to do? They have obviously had 3 in the past for a reason!!!

Why don't they do a 4th? And if they don't do it the 4th time, what on earth do they intend to do? They have obviously had 3 in the past for a reason!!!

I think they maybe mean an elective caesarean, not an emergency.

Honestly, i don't know why anyone would want an elective but w/e floats your boat.

I think they maybe mean an elective caesarean, not an emergency.

Honestly, i don't know why anyone would want an elective but w/e floats your boat.

sometimes women don,t get a choice but to have a elective caesarean in my case for example as i have a small pelvis , with my 1st they left me till i was 39 weeks to see if he would drop into the pelvis but he didn,t & that was because my pelvis is to small . violet

sometimes women don,t get a choice but to have a elective caesarean in my case for example as i have a small pelvis , with my 1st they left me till i was 39 weeks to see if he would drop into the pelvis but he didn,t & that was because my pelvis is to small . violet

Oh that's fair enough. I mean if you can't give birth vaginally then you just can't. Some women WANT a caesarean just b/c. I don't get it. The recovery time is so much longer =(

yeah see what you mean , it does take a long time to recover you can,t even drive for 6 weeks after . violet

Oh that's fair enough. I mean if you can't give birth vaginally then you just can't. Some women WANT a caesarean just b/c. I don't get it. The recovery time is so much longer =(

i elected to have a section for my second, but my first was an emergency section and i was in labour for 32ish hours before hand, and i was right at the point of wanting to push when i rushed down, the thought of going through it all again scared the life out of me, so we agreed that having a section was the best option.

one woman once told me that after so many sections, they have to cut you the other way, from the belly button down, im not sure about that one though.
another woman said id be more prone to infections. i dont normally listen to romours, but they all came back to haunt me when i started to think about the birth.

Well for one thing, we're a little ways off yet so we have plenty of time to address these issues ;) and for another, why should it make any difference the number with regards to infection? :shrug:

I just feel that having been put in the situation twice already where I needed a caesar I would prefer to take the decision on my terms this time. Plus they won't allow a vbac with a 2 time section.

Now about this not allowing 4 business. If I get pregnant a 4th time are they just gonna let me to my own devices? I don't think so. Baby is coming out one way or another isn't it so surely it would make sense for that to happen in the controlled environment of a theatre!

Well for one thing, we're a little ways off yet so we have plenty of time to address these issues ;) and for another, why should it make any difference the number with regards to infection? :shrug:

I just feel that having been put in the situation twice already where I needed a caesar I would prefer to take the decision on my terms this time. Plus they won't allow a vbac with a 2 time section.

Now about this not allowing 4 business. If I get pregnant a 4th time are they just gonna let me to my own devices? I don't think so. Baby is coming out one way or another isn't it so surely it would make sense for that to happen in the controlled environment of a theatre!

I have to agree with your post! :hugs:

BTW, rumours are just that, rumours. Everyone seems to have a comment about pregnancy and some just are not true.

The risk of infection occurs with any C-section, even the first.

Why would they have to cut downwards? Maybe perhaps only if the baby is in a bad position and they had to. Otherwise, you would think it would be easy on the surgeons to recut the prior scar. If they can do it twice, I am sure they can do it 3 or 4 times, or more.

Well that's what I was thinking. Plus, wouldn't making a tranverse cut actually make the uterus weaker when coupled with previous scars?

Infection is a risk with any operation. That's what a caesarean is after all, an operation.

The lady who told me about the cutting the other way thing, well she was quite an old lady, maybe they did that in the 50's, i dont know, wernt there to witness it, lol.
I know infection can happen after any operation, i got one last time, that wernt to bad, just a little uncomfortable.

i had the choise second time around, but ive explained that one up there somewhere^^^^^, i had no choise with the third, i had to have a section with that one.

I think im just a little over whelmed by thoughts atm.

i know they used to cut that way years ago . violet xx

the medical world has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. I'm sure a 4th would be fine. It's like they used to recomend 3 years or so between c sections didnt they? My doc told me to wait at least 9 motnhs when i asked about the next baby. I was like - "oh you've no worries there, it'll be more than that! I was expecting you to say a few years"!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->