Caffeine - anyone ever tried to give it up?

Caterpiller

Not cooperating
Reaction score
I am sitting here, third day of no caffeine with a bitch of a headache - Doc recommended I stop to see it perhaps it might help in TTC journey. When you eventually get here Beany you are so gonna know what I gave up for you.

All I can say is thank god for Tylenol.

you could always try caffeine free coffee? tastes the same to me, and might make your body think your having caffeine!! xxxxx

dont give it up all at once.... wean yourself off or you will go into detox...

HI hun!!! i gave up caffeine only when im home.. i work twice a week and will have 2 coffees at work but thats it!!! I drink decafe coffee and i love it!!!! Im tired still but im just trying to cut back :)

Deffo wean yourself of it.

How much have you been drinking?

If its over 4 cups per day, spread it out over a week by having 2 in te morning and 1 around 3-4 when your natural body sugars start to drop (well for me anyway).

Seriously before I got pregnant with DD i was drinking up to 20cups a day and ten cut back to 2 as I found out I was pregnant, then I was allowed only 1-2 a day.

I can't do without coffee so I have switched to decaff! Does the same job for me and makes me think I'm having full fat coffee :)

x

Yeah, have been weaning myself off - I cut back on the diet coke and switched to decaf tea - problem is, don't like coffee - now I'm yawning like a lunatic in the middle of the office - I think I'll go home to bed

I don't drink caffeine. Don't worry the headaches don't last much more than a few days :)

Just so you peeps know, decaf coffee isn't caffeine free.. it just has LESS caffeine than regular coffee.

I don't drink hot drinks but I am absolutely hooked on diet pepsi and drink 2 litres a day. I so need to cut it out! x

I don't drink hot drinks but I am absolutely hooked on diet pepsi and drink 2 litres a day. I so need to cut it out! x

that's a lot of pepsi!

They do have caffeine free pepsi... just a thought. i <3 pepsi too and had a hard time giving it up but then I found the caffeine free kind! SAVED!

I'm trying to drink caffeine free Diet Coke... but I would rather give up soda all together! It's hard though... I can get it in handy 32oz cups with ice from a fountain at any gas station... water is always in a bottle and gets all hot and gross too quick! Summers in the mid-west SUCK! LOL

I'm trying to drink caffeine free Diet Coke... but I would rather give up soda all together! It's hard though... I can get it in handy 32oz cups with ice from a fountain at any gas station... water is always in a bottle and gets all hot and gross too quick! Summers in the mid-west SUCK! LOL

UGH try summers in Okinawa! SO HOT! and humid!

Try summers in London - rain and clouds this year. That definately sucks!

Funny this post came up as I was going to ask the same question today. I am an espressoholic and used to have about ten a day. I am now down to one each morning. I tried to give up completely but was so tired I decided if I was to have the energy to ttc and look after a toddler I needed some caffeine.

Now it is taking us a while to conceive I was thinking of trying to give up again... Do you really think that it could help?

Btw de caf coffee does have caffeine in, PrayerfulHope is right but it also has lots of nasties (chemicals used to decaffeinate the coffee) in too which prob do more harm than the caffeine itself.

xxx

Well, apparently, drinking caffeine can cut your chances of conceiving by up to 50% - so if you're struggling to get pregnant, giving up is definitely worth a shot.

I cut back drastically when I started TTC (switching to decaff coffee) but still drank full fat tea ... my theory being that I drink coffee very strong and tea very very weak, so it's the coffee that must do the damage.

Then about 3 months ago I switched to decaff tea also (having read the figures).
I don't drink fizzy or sugary drinks so don't need to worry about coke - and I very rarely eat chocolate.

It was hard to start with, but the headaches pass quickly

me too!! I have given up tea and coffee and now prefer decaff tea and can tell if my DH forgets.....what about chocolate though, I can't give that up!

I used to have three cups of coffee a day and one diet coke. I stopped cold turkey and it was not easy. My main problem was that I got so tired all the time. I can now say, three weeks later, that my energy levels have gone up, I get to sleep so much faster at night and my "mysterious" migraines have gone.

I think it was really worth it. But the first week was terrible.

I know about cutting down on caffeine whilst TTC but not sure you have to cut it out completely? I don&#8217;t drink coffee, only tea, and as it also contains antioxidants, my GP told me it was fine to carry on drinking it, as long as I wasn&#8217;t overdosing! I drink about 2-3 cups a day. I did try and switch to decaf tea but it tastes horrible and like others have said decaf is just full of nasties which have been used to decaf the drink so probably no better for you! I suppose if we get to a few my cycles down the line and still haven&#8217;t had a BFP I might cut it out but I&#8217;m going to carry on with my 2-3 cups a day for now. I get a really bad headache if I don&#8217;t have at least 2 cups a day!

I gave it up the moment I found out I was pregnant with my daughter...but then again, I was only drinking unsweet tea and the very rare iced coffee. I'll give it up again gladly as soon as I get pregnant again!

i thought i'd give it a try starting yesterday, but then at lunch had a headache so drank a coke and the headache pretty much went away. then i lost control and had a big real brewed iced tea and a coffee later in the day... so much for that. i get bad headaches generally, so balancing the nastiness of caffeine and headaches is tough. i read that it only interferes with your fertility if you have more than 4 cups of coffee a day or 8 cups of tea. so trying again today to switch to tea instead of my usual 4-5 cups of coffee... going to have maybe 2-3 cups of tea over the day instead. or see how it goes anyways!!

Fizzy drinks are not good in any way. Try fruit juice, natural ones, like one lemon with water, that´s easy to make, or just water. It´s all about what you get used to.

About caffeine, how about changing to green tea? When you feel like a nice hot coffee, just have a nice hot cup of green tea, which is also suppossed to be good for conceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->