Caffiene in take

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies so just wondering what you guys average on caffiene consumption a day?
Usually I have a coffee or a tea in the morning at home and then later on I might pick up an iced coffee or have a tea at night if we're out somewhere.
I'm super craving the taste of coffee these days !
I would say it averages out to be around 100 mg a day minimum to my max being 230-300 mg when I have the iced coffee too or second tea or coffee.

I also didn't drink any caffiene my whole first trimester I would say this has been more the last month or so

200mg is the recommended intake. Although I'm lucky that I don't like tea/coffee so mine is quite low. My friend is a caffeine junkie but cause she needed to lower her intake she swapped to deccafinated. She makes up big cups then puts it in the fridge so it's iced. Maybe an idea to help with the craving? She loves it.

I limit myself to 2 cups a day I normally would have 22 cups a day I need caffine in my life :wacko:

I try to stay with decaf coffee. Sometimes I'll have a regular but no more than 1-2 cups a day. However, I just found out I have high blood pressure so now I can't have any at all. Not even soda of iced tea.

I try to stay with decaf coffee. Sometimes I'll have a regular but no more than 1-2 cups a day. However, I just found out I have high blood pressure so now I can't have any at all. Not even soda of iced tea.

That's a bummer !

I think maybe I better stick to my one in the morning and then decaff if I feel like another later on

200mg is the recommended intake. Although I'm lucky that I don't like tea/coffee so mine is quite low. My friend is a caffeine junkie but cause she needed to lower her intake she swapped to deccafinated. She makes up big cups then puts it in the fridge so it's iced. Maybe an idea to help with the craving? She loves it.

That's a great idea ! It's the iced coffee I'm super craving when I'm out by the pool!

Agreed. WTE says a tall Starbucks cup of coffee is recommended caffeine intake, but like a pp said you can just ask for decaf. It still has about 5% of the caffeine. So days I just wanted coffee, I would get a tall. But days I felt like I need coffee I would get a vente and ask for decaf to kind of trick my brain.

I was a big coffee drinker before getting pregnant. I try not to have any coffee if I can help it, but I limit to one cup of I have any and decaf after that. But I also don't really have chocolate or soda, which are also sources of caffeine throughout the day.

I have a cup of tea or coffee in the morning and will sometimes have another cup of tea at night before bed ... I sometimes try to have rooibos although it makes me feel sick to my stomach

Yep I've also read that you should keep your caffeine to around 200 mg/day.

Luckily I've never been a coffee person (only drink maybe 1-2 cups a month) although I do drink the occasional cup of tea which has less caffeine. My main weakness is cola though so keeping it to max 1 can a day, also because of the sugar, although sometimes during the weekends I'll drink 2 cans in one night.

I agree that if you're into coffee that decaf is a good option. I have some instant decaf coffee in the house for the rare occasion I want a coffee.

I think I'm having too much..

2 cups of coffee a day and 2 cups of tea.

Well I know many say 200mg of caffiene a day but I have also read 300 is okay too. It seems to be a general consensus that over 300 can possibly be too much though .
You could find out roughly how much caffiene you're actually consuming with those two cups of coffee two cups of tea .. It all depends on the coffee , if it's an actual measured cup or size of your mug

I probably drink a little too much, but I avoided it as much as possible in first trimester. I drink a cup in the morning and a cup in the afternoon. I'm just so tired and trying to keep up on the house and have a toddler. Very rarely i will have another half cup later in the day as well.

I have halved it to 1 coffee and 1 tea.
It didn't help my energy that much anyway, so tired! Nothing can help me!

When I'm teaching I was drinking 1 cup in teh morning and sometimes another in the afternoon (that was during 1st Tri), on summer break I'm drinking decaf in the morning, and if I absolutely can't wake up I'll have a second cup of regular (or half decaf and half regular). Sometimes in the afternoon if I'm going to the gym, or if I'm watching my nieces/nephew I'll have a second cup OR 1/3 of a "zipfizz" (caffeine powder added to water = about 1 cup of coffee for a whole tube, so I reduce to only 1/3 or 1/2 at most).

I try very hard tos tay below 200mg, but it's tough, especially when before pregnancy I was drinking 3-4 cups a day, I just love my coffee.

I agree ! It's super hard ! I was a huge coffee drinker too, mainly because I have two boys who are energy suckers and I work full time in a kindergarten classroom as an ECE lol.
Thank God I'm off for the summer so I can somewhat relax haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->