Caine - not a popular name??!!! Why?

jms895

Reaction score
My son is called Caine and we love the name........ spelt the Irish and not Hebrew way........ meaning 'Son of a fighter'

Only thing is when people ask what his name is..... we say it and people go 'ohh' or dont reply or we get the Caine killed his brother jokes from the bible or Caine dingle crap!!!

Does anyone else like the name? Surely some people do ?

Jade xx

I don't but only because I had a horrible incident with someone called Caine before :dohh:

I like it but I like the biblical version as it was on our list for a middle name for Lucas. we decided against it but I still like it and we were considering it because it is biblical as our first sons name is Jacob Levi and levi is Jacobs son in the bible...so we kinda wanted to stay biblical but it didnt happen. either way I like it!

I love the name Caine. It sounds like a hot guy name. :rofl:

lol @ Wendy!!

I think it sounds trendy, and I agree with Wendy...I'm picturing some bronzed, buff young hottie on the beach :)

Don't know if that's the image you want of your baby boy, but...!

lol @ Wendy!!

I think it sounds trendy, and I agree with Wendy...I'm picturing some bronzed, buff young hottie on the beach :)

Don't know if that's the image you want of your baby boy, but...!

:rofl: It totally does. I would def. go out with a Caine. My OH's name is Brian, not sure what his mom was thinking hahah.

(Thats a good thing btw original poster)

It reminds me of the move Citizen Kane when I hear it... lol. A good movie though!

I do like the name (your spelling) a lot. Sounds powerful and masculine IMO.

I really like the name Caine. It was almost my brother's name, but my parent's lost their damn mind after he was born. :rofl: It does sound like a "hot guy" name. :rofl:

I love it, especially spelt your way. Funny how a spelling can change a name even though it not pronounced any differently.

I think your caine sounds different that the biblic kain...

first off.. your son is GORGEOUS!!! =)

Secondly.. i like the name caine.. but as you said above about the Bible is the probably the most reason people are turned off by it.. but if it works for you! =)

When I hear the name Caine I tend to think the one in the bible (the bad one). I think it's the case that if you hear a name that you don't hear often you associate it with the person you know or have heard of with that name. If it's a bad person that can generate a bad reaction to the name. So some people for example don't like Damien. Everytime I hear the name Regan it makes me think of the Exorcist girl. If the name was more popular and I had met children/people with that name I probably wouldn't instantly associate with the exorcist.

Try not to be worried about what others think. Most people can't help their reactions - though they should try for your sake. My friend is called Carrie and while I associate the name with Carrie in SATC or Little HOuse on the Prarie others have an adverse reaction as they are reminded of Steven King's Carrie. People were always making jokes about her name growing up.

I like the name as well, but I can see where people automatically think of the Bible story, I do as well and that's why I wouldn't use it for myself. But otherwise, I like it! :D

Thanks ladies for all your comments!! :)

That is EXACTLY what DH and I want to name our son........I told my mom and she said it was cool except for the fact of cain in the bible. I told her it was an Iish backround and she was like OK but I love that name.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->