Caitlin has reflux

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Actually makes me a tad mad how easily 'some are just sicky babies' rolls off the tongue - I'm on about health care professionals!

I won't be so quick to say that to anyone in the future!

Following my other thread https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/45852-still-sicky-baby-8-months.html Caitlin vomited everywhere last night it was awful so just back from the GP with infant gaviscon the second I told her everything from the start those ikkle moments the fact I said 'every time' and onwards of course she knew straight away!

I have 60 doses if shes not any better finishing these we've to go back and get Caitlins seen by a baby pediatrician but hopefully it will help her!

Instinct of HV isn't always best is it - was the old HV that said it only seen new one once and she sorta agreed with what the old one said but I guess she never got the whole story or something erm ..humph although was her who said this morning take her to the GP today.

I hope she is better with what they have given you!!

x

I'm glad you've figured out what it is and can do something about it.
Hopefully little Caitlin will get to feeling better now! :hugs:

:hugs: Well im glad that finally something is being done to make Miss Caitlin feel better. I hope these pills work :hugs:

Skyler is also on gaviscon infant.It does not cure it,it only helps control it.There is no cure for reflux as it means the baby's oesaphagal system needs to mature more to prevent the food from coming out....only time and growth will cure that.I have stopped using it as it was not working effectively.Instead of vomiting liquids,he was vomiting chunks!Good luck with Caitlin!!!Hope it helps control her reflux.

So glad you've found out what was causing it...really hope the gaviscon helps x

:hugs: Hope the medicine helps and she feels better soon.

Wobbs, the Gaviscon is great stuff. Ryan has been taking it for a couple of months now and only every throws up a lot every now and again!
Annoying that it took so long for them to give it to her!
Poor little mite :hug: for Caitlin!

:hug:For caitlin hope she is better after you give her it.
here is :hugs: for mummy you have been through a time of it to xx

Just pissed shes 8 months old to be told it I guess! :(

I know its no miracle but I do hope gavison helps!

x

I know the feeling! I first got the Gaviscon over the counter since they never 'officially' paid any attention to it! Frustrating!

Oh dear :( I hope the gaviscon works :)

xxx

Aww poor Caitlin, but at least now they are treating it and hopefully it works asap! I hope she gets better soon!! :hugs:

So glad the poor little mite is getting treated now hun :hugs:

I actually went into my dr and said 'katie has reflux, can you give her something?' but then I did have the experience of joe having it. The health professionals arent as good as an instinst that a mum/dad has :)

you done well hun to get things where they are tonight :hugs:

Never wanted to over react on the obvious that people say about 'just sicky babies' - how easily its mistaken imo!

Coincidence??? But Caitlin neither threw up on her bottle or her food this evening!

:happydance: good news hun and no its probably not a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->