Caitlyn Rose Bennett. 2nd August 2009 at 10:32. 10 days late! Long.

Twiglet

Mum to 2!
Reaction score
Wednesday 29th July:

Had my 4th sweep, explained to the midwife that I felt different and explained the tightenings that I’d been getting. She said that I was experiencing braxton hicks but I knew I wasnt as my regular midwife had seen the braxton hicks I’d been having and this was a completly different tightening.

Despite this she put in my notes that I’d been experiencing irregular contractions. These continued irregularly throughout the day and night.

Thursday 30th July:

From 11am my tightenings were every 5 minutes and lasting for 60 seconds. However, around 3pm they stopped. 6pm they were back again.

These continued all through the night and I kept timing them, 5 – 6 minutes apart and lasting 30 – 60 seconds. Did not get any sleep that night but sent Liam downstairs to get some sleep.

Woke him up at 5am and told him they were horrible, I couldn’t cope and by this time I was in tears.

Friday 31st July:

Liam rang the hospital at 6am. They said to stay at home, have baths and paracetemol. I’d been doing this already and wondered what they expected me to? The pains were 3 – 4 minutes apart and lasting 60 seconds – 90 seconds.

Liam rang them back at 10am as they were 3 minutes apart and lasting 90 seconds. They wouldn’t admit me and said that they would admit me once my waters had broken and my pains were 2 minutes apart. By this time I was really losing my grip on my sanity!

Saturday 1st August: [Was due to be induced]

I again had no sleep Friday night and by 6am I was pleading with Liam to get her out or make the hospital admit me! Eventually the hospital said I could go down. Intially the woman was saying your not dilating blahblahblah. I said to her that I was not leaving until they gave me an internal! She gave me an internal and I was 3cm dilated and completly effaced. I couldn’t be admitted till I was 4cm dilated apparently and my waters had broke.

I stayed in the patient waiting room whilst they sorted me out some stronger painkillers and then went back home until a) the pain was unbearable or b) till my induction time of 10pm.

I went home, had another bath and was contracting every 4 minutes. By 3pm these were every 3 minutes and for 90 seconds without fail. Rang the hospital again, spoke to the woman and she said they’d lost my notes from that morning -_- and to come in again.

She examined me, said I was only 3cm still and to go home. I absolutely refused by this point and literally threw my teddy out of the pram. After leaving me in the patients waiting room for 3 hours (8pm by this point) they gave me a room and allowed me to have gas and air.

Relief at last! By 10:30pm I was contracting every 2 minutes. I got my two midwives for the night and they examined me. The woman said I was 6cm dilated and didnt understand why they hadn’t admitted me sooner. She said my waters were still intact and if they weren’t broken by 12 she’d break them.

Sunday 2nd August:

At 12am she examined me again, 7cms and my waters were still intact! So much for waiting for the first woman saying she wouldn’t admit me till they broke. My waters did not want to break!

I asked for an epidural at 1am, was all hooked up and it was bliss! I dozed, got woke up for my waters to be broke. This took her ages as they wouldn’t break haha!

Eventually at 4am my waters broke and I was 9cm dilated. They put in a drip to speed up my contractions but this made Caitlyn suffer tachychardia and they had to turn it off again. My contractions began speeding up by themself and by 7am I was completly dilated! My new midwife said she was gonna leave me till 8am before I started pushing. This was when the drama started.

I pushed and I pushed and after 90 minutes she was still only just poking out. They went to cut me and I asked them what they were doing. I was angry as they’d went to do it without asking despite me saying I didn’t want it / if they had to to ask my consent and let me know.

The doctor came in and decided I needed a ventouse delivery. After 30 minutes of this she decided to use forceps...I was not happy by this point and in some distress. She cut me, tore me and then at 10:32am my daughter was finally born.

All through their examinations of her they’d said there was no cord around her...she came out blue, lifeless and with the cord around her. Thankfully I had a team there ready to work on her and within a few seconds she was squealing. She was plonked straight on me and whilst this happened I delivered the placenta and was stitched up.

Ended up staying in hospital till 6pm on the 3rd August but Caitlyn Rose Bennett was worth it.

So here she is: Caitlyn Rose Bennett born on the 2nd August 2009 at 10:32am weighing 7lbs 14oz and 52.5cm long.

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/100_0531.jpg

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/100_0534.jpg

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/100_0535.jpg

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/100_0546.jpg

She is just so adorable!! God the birth sounded eventful and not in a good way, but as you say, she is worth it all :) Congrats to you and Liam twig, she is gorgeous!

huge congratulations, hon, she is beautiful. so sorry to hear what a rough time you had, hope you're recovering well :hugs: xx

Congrats dear sorry you had such a hard time and those nurses suck, my waters never broke either that's why I said they were stupid for making you wait. You are right though. she is worth it. She is so cute.

Congrats hon, she's beautiful. Sorry you had such a hard time of it, that's ridiculous that they wouldn't admit you cos yr waters hadn't broke - I was fully dilated and mine hadn't gone, they only went an hour before she was born!! xxxx

Congratulations :happydance: You look so calm and relaxed in the pic, not like you'd just been through the ordeal you had!

Aww, beautiful! Congratulations!

Awww hun you had a rough time but she is well worth it totally gorgeous xxxx

Congrats honey! Sorry you had a rough time, hope you are recovering well. Little Caitlyn is gorgeous, you must be on :cloud9:

Congrats once again xxxxxx

I look so calm and relieved in that picture as my epidural was still going :rofl: glad it was all over! Thanks everyone, I'm truly blessed with a lovely daughter and would do it all again for her :)

Congratulations. Eventful but worth it I'm guessing :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->