Cake

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
Just cake :rofl: What I really want to know is how to find a fantastic bakery that does bespoke cakes?

I live in London and there's not really bakery's on the high street any more :(

I want a 30th birthday cake for 150 people, that will look amazing.

We had dd christening cake from marks and Spencer's and it catered for 70, they have really beautiful ones online but I'm not sure how many they cater for 😀

I've looked at m&s and none go up to as many as I want. Thank you though

could you ask on fb? that's where I always see amazing bespoke cakes! someone could recommend someone :)

It's unusual for a cake to feed that many people. Common practice would be to purchase additional iced bars that can be sliced and added when the cake is actually served.

Try searching on Facebook. My SIL has a cake business abs she gets all her business through Facebook.

I can't because it's a surprise party.

Oh really zorak. I thought a tiered cake would easily feed that many, since wedding cakes do.

I've just looked it up and 6", 10" and 16" will apparently feed 150.

Oh a tiered cake would definitely feed that many (just remember though not everyone will have cake - at weddings there is always cake left over!!!) I second fb, I do some cakes and that's where I get mine from xx

There will 100% be people on fb in your area who sell cakes. I had a tiered cake for our wedding amd it was to serve 100 guests and cost about £140

Thanks for all the advice. The only one I've found isn't what I want. I can't even ask on Facebook because it's a surprise and I know some people will say something :(

This is a bit more random, but you could ring a couple of local hotels and ask them (I work in a hotel) our sales dept would have a list of recommended suppliers (including cake makers) and I'd guarantee that it wouldn't be the weirdest phone call they had that day!!!!! xx

That's an awesome idea, thank you.

Tasha I know an amazing woman where I use to live I will PM you the details xx

(150 is not an odd amount- think of weddings! It just might be a big pricey!!)

Thank you so much for the recommendation Pearl. I'll contact her.

I'm beginning to see how pricey. I was quoted £799.95 for 150. She said that's without decoration.

I know. I can get cake for 150 from Choccywoccydoodah for less than half that.

Have you considered cupcakes instead? Most cake makers charge £1.50 ish per cake. They may do it cheaper for £150. Get a nice display stand for them. It could work out better as then no one is being lumbered with the responsibility of cutting all the cake up.

I did. I've found a cake company outside of London near where my brother lives, I might get a quote from there. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->