Called back in about blood work. UPDATE

Dark_Star

Reaction score
Update- I am happy to say that the issue was just low thyroid function, and the doctor will be monitoring it to determine if I need medication. With baby measuring one week behind and a 7cm cyst on my ovary, I was very worried.

My doctor has called me back in to discuss an issue with blood work. I can't see him until Thursday. I am 8 weeks along and have had only one blood draw. Any ideas what this may be about?

Could be anything. With my oldest son they found I'd never had my mmr vaccine and that I was positive for group b strep, I think thats the name anyway, probably just something simple like that.

Thank you, I hope it's something that minor.
They wouldn't tell me on the phone anything about it so I'm very nervous.

I was called in twice for repeat bloods. Once for high white blood cell count which came back fine the next time (must have been fighting off something) and second for having high hemoglobin. Since I don't have a diagnosed blood disorder, after getting abnormal hemoglobin results twice they ran and electrophoresis test to see what kind of hemoglobin I have that is high. That was weeks ago and they didn't call so I am assuming everything is fine.

There is really so many things that it could be, but since they didn't tell you over the phone my guess is they want to take more blood to double check something.

The most likely cause is low iron levels (which won't affect baby - just you).

I got called back because of low platelets - again no affect on baby, just my birth plan!

xx

i go call about bloods with both my prev pregs it was due to me being suceptible to rubella after first got jag but was still suceptible with second. Didnt get call bk this time but told mw am suceptible to rubella. Am 10weeks preg with third.

could be anaemia? I'm not sure what else they test for . Forgot to ask lol x

They called me because I have anemia and high TSH levels. Both minor considering. Can you just call the office and ask for the results?

I tried that and unfortunately they won't tell me anything.

I got called back because my immunity to reubella is too low. (Scary because there's now an outbreak in Alberta)

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about:hugs: It might just be iron counts or wanting to check your hcg. If it was something worrisome I would think they would have you get your blood drawn sooner than waiting for your appointment.

Probably just an immunity thing or low iron or something xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->