Calling all american ladies!!!

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me (in simple terms :rofl:) what size is 2T?

Not by weight/height but what is the English equivalent?

I always thought the T just meant toddler, so 2yrs for a toddler if that makes sense
x

I always thought the T just meant toddler, so 2yrs for a toddler if that makes sense
x

This is where I'm getting confused. I'm wanting to buy a dress for LO off ebay and they've got all size's that you would expect to see (0-6m,6-12m,12-18m etc)

But then the listing say's... 2.. 2T...3...3T.

Cue me being thrown :wacko:

x

This is where I'm getting confused. I'm wanting to buy a dress for LO off ebay and they've got all size's that you would expect to see (0-6m,6-12m,12-18m etc)

I have found that a 2 or 3 is a little less roomy that a 2T or 3T, iykwim. There is never any difference in length just a little more wider. Does that make sense lol

x

I have found that a 2 or 3 is a little less roomy that a 2T or 3T, iykwim. There is never any difference in length just a little more wider. Does that make sense lol

Makes perfect sense!!

Are they dramatically wider or just a little bit?

No not a lot wider, well not on Dec anyway and he is a skinny wee thing lol. I have just checked a few things we bought while on holidays last year and apart from being a tiny bit wider they are pretty much the same size as a 4 out of next, butttttttt an American football top we got in a 4T is absolutely tiny, so I am guessing there can be a difference with some things. In saying that it is only that one top out of 7 that had any real difference :)

if i am not mistaken i think 2T is the same as 24 months

2T is about a size 2. Although I always find that American sizes are much smaller than NZ/UK sizes for kiddies, not sure why :shrug: Like, we have a lovely footed PJ suit for Lachlan that is a US brand and 2T and it fitted him great at 18 months but now at 24 months it's not tall enough for him :shrug: And he's not overly tall for his age either - sleepsuits here would maybe even be slightly roomy on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->