Calling All Clomid Experts!

Sarah20109

Reaction score
I'm currently a week or so away from starting my 3rd round of Clomid. DH and I took this month off to have a natural cycle, because he was away so we wouldn't have had time to bd anyway. My first cycle of Clomid was 50mg and my day 23 progesterone levels were 13.9. My second cycle was 50mg with my progesterone levels at 10. My doctor said those levels look good and put me on 50mg for my 3rd cycle. That can't be right can it? Aren't those levels low? Everything that I've read says at least 15 on a medicated cycle. Could this be contributing to why my cycles have been unsuccessful so far? I'm considering asking my doctor to give me 100mg for my next cycle, but I want to make sure that I have my facts right first.

I don't know much about the day 21 levels because my doc checks follicle size. Try asking for a day 14 u/s. I don't think a lot of docs do that because it is expensive and not covered by insurance ($120 for me), but it does show how many mature follicles you have. I am on round 3 50mg also. What is your doc going to do if it doesn't work this time?

I am not a clomid expert, but this month was my third round in it. Last month my cd21 blood test results were 41.7 or something close to that. My nurse was thrilled with that and said it could indicate pregnancy, however I ended up with a bfn. And started another round this month. I go in on the 5th for another blood test. Your levels seem a little low to me, but again I am not an expert. My doctor was hoping for something over 20 with my test. Maybe you just need a stronger dose? Our next step is to have the HSG. Which I am a little surprised my doctor didn't do before the clomid, but I guess every doctor is different. I would also like to have a u/s one of these cycles to see if that can shed some light on what is going on. But insurance won't cover any of this which totally sucks!

I'm currently a week or so away from starting my 3rd round of Clomid. DH and I took this month off to have a natural cycle, because he was away so we wouldn't have had time to bd anyway. My first cycle of Clomid was 50mg and my day 23 progesterone levels were 13.9. My second cycle was 50mg with my progesterone levels at 10. My doctor said those levels look good and put me on 50mg for my 3rd cycle. That can't be right can it? Aren't those levels low? Everything that I've read says at least 15 on a medicated cycle. Could this be contributing to why my cycles have been unsuccessful so far? I'm considering asking my doctor to give me 100mg for my next cycle, but I want to make sure that I have my facts right first.

Where abouts r u from sweetie? As some countries have different measurements they use. Here in Australia they like to c over 20, mine have always been between 40 nd 90.

if ur measurements r like ours then YES urs r very low nd I would b asking for the dose to b upped.

Thank you ladies for your advice. I went ahead and asked my doctor to increase my dose and he agreed. So now I'll be on 100mg. Fingers crossed this does the trick!

Thank you ladies for your advice. I went ahead and asked my doctor to increase my dose and he agreed. So now I'll be on 100mg. Fingers crossed this does the trick!

Excellent, good luck sweetie Xxx

Good luck, I'm happy for you. Can I ask you a question - are you having any sides effect of Clomid, like scant fertile mucus?

On the first cycle 50mg I conceived my son, on cd22 my progesterone was 7, they said over 5 means you've oved and I'd probably oved late, I asked for another blood test on cd29 and sure enough then it was 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->