Calling all reusable experts (shouted by mummy overwhelmed and confused at choice!)

KatieEm

Reaction score
Well title says it all :) Really want to use cloth/reusable nappies but am literally blinded by choice available, how many I need, what sizes as some seem to grow with bubs, what liners to use, there are so many abbreviations for stuff my eyes actually hurt from reading about it all! I have visited one shop and spoke to another of which both gave conflicting advice and another baby store told me I was crazy to want to use them and I shouldn't bother! I'd just really appreciate it if someone with experience could offer me a frank and honest review of any particular brands and also amounts I should be buying of what. Thanking you in advance, K xx

You should maybe start reading the stickies at the top of the forum? There are very good guides, reviews on lots of nappys and generally alot of info in an easy way to read!

Then come back when you know a bit more what you want - its just there is so much choice that we cant possible suggest something that would suit you - its such personal choice.

everyone has different requirements -

do you have a tumble dryer? if you don't you'll need quick drying nappies generally microfibre based like Bumgenius v4's or pop-in dream dri.

will you eventually going back to work? then you might want nappies easy for childcare like pockets or all-in-ones they go on as easily as a sposie.

I get the feeling that some shops won't want you to use re-usables as they won't get the 'continued' custom that they'd get from sposie users, unfortunately high street shops don't tend to stock the better re-usables in customer view - places like mothercare offer the better ones online only!!

I write loads of articles for www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk in the reviews section (i've linked it) there's loads of videos giving an impartial view of each of the nappies the sell, it'll give you an idea of how they go together etc.

Ive been struggling too..... have read the stickies and dont know if i read it when i was tired (almost permenantly these days). But cant get my head round it at the moment. Think half the problem is there is too much choice out there.

Going to try and really tackle it this next week and that way i can start planning abit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->