Calling Twin Mums who had an early scan that missed 2nd baby...

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Hi all!

I had a scan yesterday at 8weeks. The sonographer needed a second opinion because she could see something else. It was virtually same size as the baby we could see but only visible when zoomed in, not when zoomed out. They decided it was the machine showing something that wasn't really there. They do that sometimes apparently ??? She said if it turned out to be twins that she was sorry and to let them know. So please, for those of you who have had twins that an early scan missed what did your early scan photos look like just showing one baby. Thanks all!

20210619_202943.jpg

I will dig my scan out to show you, it did look similar to that though.
If they are both in the one dark bubble they would probably be identical twins btw...is your sickness bad?

This was my 8 week one with my girls and when we found out we had twins :)

008 (2).jpg

I will dig my scan out to show you, it did look similar to that though.
If they are both in the one dark bubble they would probably be identical twins btw...is your sickness bad?

Ooh thank you... my sickness has been non existent... if I didnt know I was pregnant, I wouldnt even know (this is my 3rd pregnancy). I am sooooo tired though, more than either of my previous pregnancies.

@live_in_hope just out of interest did you get a picture of it zoomed out?
No, sadly not, they only gave me that one. But zoomed out when you see your giant bladder you can onoy clearly see one baby. When zoomed in you see the baby sized mass near the baby. There was no flicker of a heart beat and by the end they were sure it wasn't a second baby but I didnt leave feeling entirely sure. It definitely wasn't conclusive....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->