Callum Paul Baxter ~31~12~2008 photos added

claralouise

full time mummy at the mo
Reaction score
Callums Birth story ~ Warning very long lol ~ picis will follow when i find my damn coputer lead

Dob ~ 31-12-2008

1st stage 1hr 30mins
2nd stage 4mins
3rd stage 5mins

Time of birth 19:04
Weight ~ 6lb 10oz
Length ~ 51cm

30th December
Went for along walk as id been having cramps all week in my back and I thought
It may help, when I got home I discovered id got blood in my plug, I thought woohooo at last a sign lol
Nothing happened that night still just cramps so I got on my ball for a few hours and played on the wii aswel as sitting on here.
31st December ~ my actual DD
Well I was up all night having contractions every 10mins, but id got my 40week appointment at the hospital at 9.30 so decided to see how I was then.
By 6.30 they were down to 6-7 mins I couldn’t even get on my ball as my hips were killing me, we got ready dropped kids off at pauls sisters and went for my appointment, by 10.20 I still hadn’t been seen and they had dropped to 5mins so I went and asked receptionist how long I was going to be as I think im in labour her face was a picture haha well that got me seen a MW came straight away and took me to a room. She gave me an examination and said I was only 2cm but very soft and stretchy to 5cms and I could either go upstairs on monitors or go home, so I went home to try and get some sleep and have a bath.
Once home I managed to get a few mins sleep I just kept drifting between pains decided to get in the bath, bad idea that made things worse, I had to shout Paul to come and help me get out. I rang labour suite and they told me to go up as the pains were still 5mins but id got a constant pain between.
We phoned his sister and she said shed be about an hour as she had nipped for supplies knowing id prob pop in the night, it didn’t take her that long within id say 30mins I was on my way, I think I txt rafwife to let her know I was in that much pain I cannot remember who I had been txting but I kept saying to Paul don’t let me pester poloma as she only had her baby yesterday and she will be tired lol

Well trust me to want to go up at visiting times we had to wait 20mins just to get in the car park as it was full. Anyway convinced I would be spent home I left my bags in the car and went up, the midwife examined me and I was still only 2-3 cm but she said shed let me stop and wander about and see if I could get on the ball I think it was about 4pm that I got there and she would examine me about 6pm if I felt I needed her to. Well the walking made things worse so I just kept in my room and walked from window to bed then bed to sink inbetween pains.
By 5ish the pains were coming about 4mins apart and starting to hurt so much I had a little cry, Paul knows I don’t cry so he went and asked midwife to come and see me I just remember blabbering to her god knows what she thought of me, Paul decided to nip to the loo while she was in with me so she did the examination and said right your 4cm what pain relief do you want, I desperately wanted to ask for an epidural but didn’t want to be laid up a few hours after so I just said anything you’ve got lol so she got me some gas and air and gave me a tablet to control sickness as I was really ill will with the gna when I had my daughter. While she was getting that I heard Paul come back and she told him to go and get my things as I was defo not going home and was in labour those words were heaven lol
When he came back I was glued to the gas tank haha it was my new friend by now the pains were about 3mins, by around 6.45 I was in agony with back to back pains but I wouldn’t let him call the midwife as there was only 2 of them due to an emergency section, the lady next door was having to have forceps and they had a woman in having a preemie so I didn’t want to keep bothering them.
The gas was now glued to my mouth and all I remember was Paul pushing the buzzer and he mw coming I explained that they were constant and my bum and back killed and I felt I was going to split in half, I got a funny look from her and then an ohh I doubt your that far along hunny you’ve only been in proper labour an hour, she examined me and for the first time I scream she asked if she could break my waters all I could feel was her hand inside me from then and all the contractions just stopped, she told me I needed to push and to push now as baby’s head was there I had no urge at all though, and she held my stomach and told me when to push, it seemed like forever a lot longer than 4mins I remember seeing my babys head and thought right I need to do this and get him out the next second he was laid under my nighty having skin to skin.
I lost quite a lot of blood just after delivery so they kept me on labour ward for a few hours and when it had slowed down I was taken to the ward. I couldn’t believe it when they said he was 6lb 10 as id been told hed be a very low weight prob 6lb hes still pretty small tho as all the tiny baby clothes are massive on him.

I had rafwife and poloma and a few friends keeping me txt company through the new yrs celebrations and I got to see the fireworks from the window at the side of my bed.

Im still waiting on my blood resuts for anti d as MW forgot to take samples from the cord and the lab were only running emergancys on new yrs day so I may have to go back up for a jab but no way I could stop in there a min longer, I couldn’t sleep or rest. Paul had hime most of last night I just gave him his feeds and he seatled him im hoping he will get his day time and night time the right way round tonight

Well that’s our story I said it was long lol

https://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/louise9910/th_179.jpghttps://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/louise9910/th_181.jpghttps://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/louise9910/th_183.jpghttps://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/louise9910/th_005-8-1.jpg

Congratulations and Happy New year xx

congratulations hun, he made his appearance just in time to be a 2008 baby

Lou
xxx

Congrats hun, blimey you didnt hang about did you lol!!

congrats on birth of your lil man!

share same birthday as my daughter!

Congratulations! xxx

It's so lovely that you were thinking about other people even though you were in labour! :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->