calpol etc.....

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Daniel has his second lot of immunisations tommo and as he will be 12w6 tomo (almost 3 weeks corrected) if I can give him even 1ml of calpol after? his temp after first lot was scary so not looking forward to that again.

I know the HV etc will advise against it but we know our lo's better and know what right. they have already had a bunch of drugs to tolerate! anyone else give lo calpol before 12 weeks corrected

I would double check with NICU, but I know NICU gave Alex calpol after hers x

They just changed the dosage guidelines on this. If you feel you want to give him it, go by his corrected age / weight. I didn't give Jamie any until he was 3 months corrected age just to be sure his liver could handle it as paracetamol can so easily be liver toxic.

Jonny just had his second lot today - more meat on his thighs so shouldn't have hurt as much although he still wasn't too happy about it lol.

When Alexander was still in SCBU and had his first immunisations they were talking about giving him calpol for his temperature and he was only 60 days actual

The hospital will be able to accurately calculate the dose based on weight and liver risk factors to make sure it is a safe dose for the baby, and it is under their supervision. I'd let the hospital give it, just wasn't sure how much to give myself at home. If you look on the bottles, the dose is done by age and starts from 2 months, over 4 kgs and it also says (or used to on the old bottles) not a premature baby which I read as meaning a premature baby who is over 2 months and 4kgs doesn't fit those guidelines. So how would you know how much to give a 100 day old born 12 weeks early weighing 3.5kgs for example to be on the safe side?

https://www.calpol.co.uk/our-products/CALPOL-infant-suspension

when reece had his immunisations (1st lot and 2nd lot) he had to have capol and techincally he was even near his due date. Th first lot was in july so like 7 weeks before his duy date and his 2nd lot were a week before he would have been due. So i think with calpol, So im sure you go by actual age, They say with immunisations, weaning etc you dont go by adjusted? If in doubt speak to hs paediatrician. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->