Came off my pill today and feel scared ! :-)

MissyMarie

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I havent taken my pill today and to be honest I dont feel excited, I feel scared. I have butterflies in my tummy and up my back. Its a weird feeling, its like Ive been planning this for ages and now its finally here Im wondering if Im doing the right thing lol

Still WTT for another month so I have a couple of bleeds before TTC.

Anyone else feeling scared?

Not at all, but don't worry I'm quite sure a lot of WTT-ers and even TTC-ers are. :thumbup:

I personally don't feel the slightest bit scared - just incredibly, fantastically excited and can't wait to start trying.

I know that if I got pregnant tomorrow I would have not one single itty-bitty regret. Not one. It means we have nothing to be scared of, but plenty to be excited about. Obviously I'm concerned about whether it'll be easy for us or not, but this isn't scaring me - just a mild concern at the moment. It'll become more worrying after we've tried TTC for a while.

I'm sure lots of people are scared though, so don't worry. We're all different and I'm sure most of the posts below mine will say they're scared! x

I felt terrified when i came off the pill and started ttc. When i got my BFP i nearly fainted lol. But then i was like wow this is amazing! Now we're trying again after our loss and im fine with it. I think it's nerve racking because it is such a big thing to do and there's no going back iykwim?! even if you definately want a baby.

I just came off and I'm very nervous. We are very ready but it's still such a huge step in your life. I think it's normal to feel this way. It's a decision that lasts a lifetime. Nervous and excited!!!

Hey Meow951, Im sorry about your loss, Im new on here so dont know about it.
Your right about there being no going back, its such a big thing. Im worried Im get pregnant too soon, then worried that it will take too long! Im a worrier - cant you tell lol
I keep thinking every now and then, 'you havent taken your pill' and my tummy turns over like butterflies! Nice to meet you by the way :)

i feel scared! thats the only reason i'm not ttc pretty much. I keep worrying that i'd be having a baby for the right reasons (not because everyone else is and i'm jealous) that i wouldn't regret the decision and miss my old life and that i could cope with the full on sleepless nights/ extra demands on my time. i see you have a cat- i got a dog a year and a half ago when i couldn't hack the broodiness anymore. Worked for a bit but now its back! I found having a dog a real lesson in what it means to have responsibility, not being able to just do what you want and plan your life around someone else who depends on you. No doubt any mothers (of non fur babies!) are laughing out loud reading this, but it postponed any ttc plans for quite a while as i realised that if having a puppy could be so much work having a baby must be really hard work. That said i don't care about the hard work anymore I just want to dive in with my eyes shut and deal with it! if you're ttc, make sure you're taking folic acid too. good luck with it x

Hey mrsp3

Yes I have 3 cats and a rabbit and have had pets for years so understand the responsibility. Sophie, the cat in my picture, died in October, she was my baby! Im not bothered about missing out on life. Im nearly 36 and dont really go out. I have 2 jobs so if Im not working, Im knackered and at home :) My partner has a 7 year old son and I see that bond and I want it for me. I have a new 14 week old niece who just makes me cry when I see or hear her. I feel like Im ready, its just what if this happens, what if that happens etc. I have to think positive I think!
I started to take pregnacare a couple of weeks ago and have been reading pregnancy books too. We went to babies r us the other day and were looking at prams! lol

I came off the pill a year ago. I was planning to get a hormonal IUD and in the mean time used condoms. Well we found out how awesome ovulation sex is! Also I just feel better without extra hormones in me. So we decided to just use condoms from now on!

Yeah, im hoping that by not taking the pill and not having the extra hormones, I might feel less tired and stop wanting to eat all of the time :)

I can't say I'm scared... just really excited! :happydance: But then I've got another 2 months before I come off the pill... so who know's how I'll feel then!!! :shrug:
The one thing that does scare me is the fear of not being able to conceive... I've no reason to think I'll have problems, but well, I guess until you try you don't know do you? Just one of those things that you have to assume will be ok, but you never know... I just hope that it doesn't take too long to happen or I'll end up regretting putting if off for so long... :nope:
MissyMarie, I'm definately with you on hoping to be less tired and eating less when I come off the pill (also hoping sex drive and low moods improve too!!!) so let me know how it goes!!! :winkwink:

My sex drive was way better coming off! Well, different I guess. I don't feel like doing it as much when I'm not ovulating, but when I am I'm into it 10x as much. And I liked it plenty before!

Hi Caroline, yeah add loss of libido, mood swings and forgetfulness to my list! I have been really excited up until today i.e. not taking my pill and now Im a mixture. Mind you I am tired today so probably not thinking straight anyway! Decided that Im giving up my second job 1st or 31st July and hopefully will feel better and relax and enjoy the experience more :)

I'm WTT in a couple of weeks and I am excited but scared mostly about the prospect of childbirth - I mean how do people do it??!!
I suppose I've never had any major illnesses or experiences of hospitals (and I'm 30) so have never had to deal with that kind of thing.
Hopefully the end result will be worth it though.

I only have eight more pills to take including tonight then that's it, when originally it was meant to be at the end of next month. I can't say I'm scared just nervous wondering how long it will
take to concieve. I do often wonder when I'm off excercising and things how I would manage with a baby! But you have to make a few compromises .

Good luck to all who finishing up on the pill and here's hoping we will all be preggo before too long xxx

Lesleyx

I'm WTT in a couple of weeks and I am excited but scared mostly about the prospect of childbirth - I mean how do people do it??!!
I suppose I've never had any major illnesses or experiences of hospitals (and I'm 30) so have never had to deal with that kind of thing.
Hopefully the end result will be worth it though.

I am absolutely terrified about the thought of actually giving birth, lol... I'm just not allowing myself to think about that part of it... once I'm pregnant there'll be nothing I can do, so I'm just not gonna think about it 'til it's too late, haha :ignore:

I am in the 2ww because of a happy little accident. My OH isn't ready so we're holding off, so even though I am super excited at the possibility of being a parent sooner than I planned, I am also terrified! Just afraid I will do everything wrong and not finish school. =(

On the otherhand, this is like a one time chance and I really want this bad. If this doesn't happen now, it wont for god knows how long...

In short, I totally understand the fears. :hugs:

I know exactly how you feel MissyMarie! I really feel ready but feel scared at the same time and keep thinking maybe I should wait...but there is nothing to wait for!

When I told my OH I wanted to try (next year originally) he said he was really excited and if I mention babies he is great.....BUT I am still nervous of telling him when I get my BFP lol, I think I watch too many soaps and expect him to be mad even though he knows that we are not using any BC

oh and I found my sex drive has come back stronger than eversince coming off BCP ( I had no interest while I was on it!) but I am exhausted still! and havent lost the weight yet :(

I think once the time comes and it's here after months and months of waiting and I take my last ever pill, I'll be extremely nervous, but I think it's because it'll be the unknown. I hope I'm extremely excited too though!

Yeah Blue-Kat, I was questionning if I should wait even though its been planned lol. I wanted to 'teke precautions' for a month now Im off it but my OH says why bother if we are making babies! lol Im getting used to it now. One thing is for sure, Im not going back on it :)

The one thing that does scare me is the fear of not being able to conceive... I've no reason to think I'll have problems, but well, I guess until you try you don't know do you? Just one of those things that you have to assume will be ok, but you never know... I just hope that it doesn't take too long to happen or I'll end up regretting putting if off for so long... :nope:

I have the same fear, because I personally know THREE couples that can't have a baby, they've tried IVF for years and everything they can think of. TTC became almost an obsession for them, trying chinese medicine etc but many years passed and nothing worked.

They're now in their early 40's and late 30's and resigned to the fact they will never conceive. I think that's quite a lot to know three infertile couples, because I don't have a wide network. Infertility is quite actually very common.

One of the couples has decided to adopt, it was a lengthy and expenisve procedure to adopt. And the kid they adopted wasn't a baby, he was a todler from Thailand and has severe behavioural issues and delayed speach. And they are having a hard time of it.

When I see the other two infertile couples, they look depressed, like there is no spark or meaning in their life. They try to fill their life with lots of exciting holidays etc, but it just doesn't make up for not being able to have their own babies. Makes me feel really sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->