Came off my pill today and feel scared ! :-)

I think it's worse if you've had a big build up. My hubby and I were originally going to WTT until December 09. In October 08 I was having trouble with my pills and was swapping brands left right and centre. We talked and decided that I should come of the pill and NTNP. At Christmas we said if we were going to do this we should just offically sat we're TTCing and have done with. We fell pregnant at the end of January - so for us the build up was 3 months, and that was hard enough. I think if we had decided to hold off for the full 12 months, I would have been scared witless about the changes that happen when you get prgnant and then when LO arrives. I personally think it's normal - I've heard some people talk about it as mourning for the life you had before. You hae to let it go, and start on a completely new track. If it's meant to happen it will - and all the worries prove is how good a Mum you're going to be if you're worrying about this little life before it's even here!

As it is we're now on the WTT train again as I've just been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and I've been told not to start TTC until I've been on my meds for 12 months and they're nice and contrlled. So the countdown is for March 2011 for coming off the pill......not too long now but I know that after that wait, I'll be scared again about the prospect of number 2!! :wacko:

Good luck, and I hope that your cycles get back to normal soon. I had a 50 day then a 42 day cycle after coming off so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

I am coming off the pill in just over 3 weeks I have mixed feeling of excitment and a bit scared of what to expect and how different its going to be when a little one is here, I know i am def ready for it, its just a huge step :)

The one thing that does scare me is the fear of not being able to conceive... I've no reason to think I'll have problems, but well, I guess until you try you don't know do you? Just one of those things that you have to assume will be ok, but you never know... I just hope that it doesn't take too long to happen or I'll end up regretting putting if off for so long... :nope:

I have the same fear, because I personally know THREE couples that can't have a baby, they've tried IVF for years and everything they can think of. TTC became almost an obsession for them, trying chinese medicine etc but many years passed and nothing worked.

They're now in their early 40's and late 30's and resigned to the fact they will never conceive. I think that's quite a lot to know three infertile couples, because I don't have a wide network. Infertility is quite actually very common.

One of the couples has decided to adopt, it was a lengthy and expenisve procedure to adopt. And the kid they adopted wasn't a baby, he was a todler from Thailand and has severe behavioural issues and delayed speach. And they are having a hard time of it.

When I see the other two infertile couples, they look depressed, like there is no spark or meaning in their life. They try to fill their life with lots of exciting holidays etc, but it just doesn't make up for not being able to have their own babies. Makes me feel really sad.

You know, I'm kinda worrying for the opposite reason, lol... I'm worried because I don't know anyone who's had problems conceiving!!!! :haha: I know it sounds stupid but I keep thinking it's got to happen so someone and as I know no-one who's had problems, what if I'm the one?!?!?!? :dohh: Crazy thoughts really, but I've wanted a baby for so long, that now I'm so near trying I guess I'm just worrying about everything!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->