Cameron Dutkiewicz Born July 4th.... Yeah, I'm a Little Late

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
I'm so bad. I had my boy almost a month ago, and still haven't written his birth story!!!!

He was due June 26th, and we went a week before being induced.

When I went in, I was 1-2cms, and they ended up breaking my water, instead of inserting the gel. I started getting contractions right after they broke it!!! The plan was to get an epidural, and because of my bleeding disorder, I had to have my I.V. drip done first. Done and done. Once my contractions started getting pretty harsh (and they were, because I had Pitosen (sp)), they came by and gave me the epi. Well, it worked for about 30 mins, then I got up and walked to the washroom!! WTF!?!!?! I had a button that I could keep hitting (which they called the wine), and I would hit that every 10 mins, but it still didn't do anything.... then they came by to give me a 'top up' (they called that the whiskey). Worked again for about another 30 mins, then back to normal!!! I was using gas, but the mask kept breaking, so I basically had my little one natural! LOL... that was NOT the plan at all!!!! ahhaha.......

The staff was all great, and put up with a lot of my screaming and swearing! I was in labour for 14 hours, and I pushed for 1 hour. Not too bad at all. I had a 2nd degree tear, and let me tell you, I think I did pretty good for doing it drug free. There were no major problems, and I was really worried about my bleeding. I DID bleed, but nothing out of the ordinary.

My DH said he wasn't going to leave my shoulder, and would never look 'down there', but he was in there like a dirty shirt taking pictures!!!! What a wonderful feeling giving birth! It was just amazing!!!! I had 2 people in my crotch when they were stitching me up, 1 doing the stitches, and the other pushing my cervix back in!! I guess I pushed it half way out when I was pushing!!!!

I left out a lot of details, but I don't know how long I have before Cameron wakes up, and I don't want to get too into this!!!

He was 8lbs, 14oz and 22inches long!! Big boy!!! I'm so happy he's here, it's VERY overwelming, but it's ALL worth it!!!!!! I'm so in love with my little man!!!!!!!

Congratulations honey!!! He is a gorgeous little boy and your photos are great! You did so well getting through it naturally! Very happy to hear that there were no complications with you bleeding either :)

xoxoxoxoxo

Finally! lol

Congrats! I hope you're settling in well. It sounds like you and hubby are over the moon!

Congrats on your little man :blue: All the best for your little family

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WTG! I can feel your pain (I had a 3rd degree tear) still not feeling 100%. Hope you're doing better now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->