Can an Ovulation test be used as a pregnancy test?

molly_dollly

Reaction score
My partner and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months, no luck yet. I found out that I ovulate right at the end of my period. So this time around we did what we had to! I used the test to see that it defiantly was :winkwink:

Anyway, that was 2 weeks ago, and for about a week I had like a belly ache, not a pain, just a dull ache, which lasted about a week, and I'm bloated (Still) and today I'm very, very tired. I thought I would see if I was still ovulating..
The test came up positive again.. but the positive bit was MUCH darker than the control line... I was a bit confused so read on here that this is perhaps what happens when your pregnant?
I'm terrified to do a test if I'm honest! But is the above true? I'm a bit confused. I don't want to fool myself into thinking like this. I had only just forgotten about it, and had relaxed when the thought just popped into my head!
Please help!
Thank You

P.S Would you mind not abbreviating words, as I'm dyslexic and people don't tell you what the meaning is! I know was TTC is! Only just.. :haha:

Thank You So Much
xXx

Hi dear,

It is true that an OPK can pick up on a pregnancy. With that being said if you are getting a strong dark line I would take the time to get a pregnancy test. How many days past ovulation are you ? 2 weeks since your period or since ovulation day ?

hi, dont be scared, but you are right, ovulation tests can be used to detect pregnancy. i would take a home pregnancy test if i were you, just to make sure! it might be nice if you did it with your partner, that way you wont be on your own and if you are scared you'll have someone to give you a big hug!

best wishes :kiss:

PS - i've been writing on here for so long now that was quite difficult to write not using any abbreviations!! :rofl:

No, they are two completely separate tests.

An ovulation test tests for a hormone called LH which is released around ovulation and a pregnancy test tests for HcG which is only released when you are pregnant.

Hope this helps! Souds like you might be ovulating at the moment, especially if you've got belly ache too x

Ooh sorry, I stand corrected! I didn't think it could be used to test pregnancy.

Well you learn something new every day! :rofl: x

If you are 2 weeks past ovulation deffinately take a test :)
Hope you get your BFP!

I wouldn't use a ovulation test as a pregnancy test because in my experince you can get a very positive ovulation test but when you take a pregnancy test it's negative. I wouldn't want to risk getting my hopes up with a positive ovulation test only to then get a negative pregnancy test.

go onto website www.poas.com and that has all the information about using opks as pregnancy tests and it states that you surely can but because of the difference in the hormones they read it is only a positive when the test line is much darker than the control line which looks like yours was i am hoping for youhun go get a test you will definitely show up now!!! goodluck and keep us posted

no, they are two completely separate tests.

An ovulation test tests for a hormone called lh which is released around ovulation and a pregnancy test tests for hcg which is only released when you are pregnant.

Hope this helps! Souds like you might be ovulating at the moment, especially if you've got belly ache too x

actually i am living prof the opk are be used as hpt... Opk can pick up bothhcg and lh, hpt can only pick up lh

no, they are two completely separate tests.

An ovulation test tests for a hormone called lh which is released around ovulation and a pregnancy test tests for hcg which is only released when you are pregnant.

actually i am living prof the opk are be used as hpt... Opk can pick up bothhcg and lh, hpt can only pick up hcgi had a positive right before my af was do and took and hpt it was positive google it its true!!!

That's really interesting - I never knew that! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->