Can an ultrasound tell the sex at 15 weeks?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I'll be bang on 15 weeks when I get my first ultrasound for this pregnancy...just wondering what are the chances that baby's gender can be detected at 15 weeks?

My mom is a sonographer, and she did a scan for me at about 14/15 weeks and she saw boy bits clearly. If it's a boy, and baby cooperates, there's a chance. The sonographer will probably be hesitant to declare it's a girl though, I'd think. Let us know!

had my gender scan with my twins at 15 weeks... There was no mistaking my boys were boys...clear as day.

Yea I'm sure it possible with an expert. On a level II ultrasound it would show for sure. I was told boy at 12 weeks and will confirm in another week.

Oh my. eeek! I wonder if I will dare and ask to know the gender? haha. I found out with my son, didn't find out with my daughter, and it was such a surprise at birth.

it's tempting to know how our male/female dynamic in the family will be changing in April, but I also want to wait and stay yellow! Aggh! lol.

Found our at 14.5 weeks dd was a girl!!!!

Found out my son was a boy at 15 weeks, and this baby was a girl at 16 weeks

Im too impatient lol we didn't find out with DS1 but because i had such a strong feeling he was going to be a boy i didn't feel surprised when i gave birth to him, it was more like confirmation for me lol found out with DS2 and 3. This one because im hoping for a girl so bad i kind need to find out to bond but i don't want to at t he same time. But ill definitely be finding out if bub allows us :)

We had a private one at 15 weeks and there was no mistaking he was a boy :)

We found out at 15 weeks this baby was a boy! There was no mistaking it. You could just ask them to guess or ask for a potty shot picture.

My ob said girl at 15 weeks. We just had a gender scan at 17 weeks to confirm and we clearly saw the 3 white lines and no doodle. So looks like we have our pink bundle on the way :)

I'll be leaving for my ultrasound in an hour! I'm gonna ask if they can see a penis or not...hehe...will report back. ;)

Sorry for the anti-climatic update...lol...but she wouldn't even look! Wouldn't even take a guess! Argh! Just said it was too early and that I'd find out at my next appointment! And I was REALLY READY to know, too!

Oh well...the mystery continues! On the plus side, got to see a very healthy baby dancing around in there. <3

Oh man. What a meany lol she she could have at least tried.
Glad baby is healthy :)

Can't believe she wouldn't even look or take a guess!

Glad baby is nice and healthy though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->