Can animals sense pregnancy...

Cats like it warm. Pregnant women are warmer. Its possible they simply just like the extra heat :rofl:

lol i'm not complaining, I'm loving the extra kitty cuddles

My dog was like that before I got pg. Now she doesn't want anything to do with me, weed in my bed and won't do as I tell her :nope:

oddly enough, my dog has started weeing in the house recently - I hadn't made any connection with my pregnancy but it might be related.....after all, our hormones change don't they, and if anyone can smell hormones it would be a dog!

I'm at the end of my tether about it :( have booked him in for a nutectomy next week (he's scent marking, not weeing because he's desperate for a wee)

I have actually tried to limit trips to my mums until we tell them now as she has noticed that her dog has been acting differently towards me. Cassie (the dog) used to go absolutely crazy everytime I went over and she would jump into my arms from the floor and push her face close to mine and sing and all sorts!! (I kinda miss it already) but now she doesn't jump at me at all and when I sit down she clambers up onto the arm of the chair and puts her head on my belly...it is so cute, but the little minx is giving the game away lol xxx

My oldest kittie when i got preg the 1st time was constantly lying on my lap, even though he hates fuss of any sort, he a ryt little character. when i had my mc before i found out he had gone back 2 normal, which i thought was odd, when i got preg again, b4 i found out he was back to being all lovey again n doin that thing with there paws on my belly all the time, which was 1 of my 1st inklings that i was preg again, there now at my moms because of the risk with them and whenever i go there hes meowin at me until i sit down n then sits on me 4 a fuss, he also meows at me 2 follow him around haha daft cat x

Hmm now I think about it, my dog did turn extra clingy... but I put it down to my boyfriend leaving for Sweden and her feeling insecure because of that :) She's a border collie - the other thing she's good at, is knowing when people have athlete's foot! haha!

Pixie what breed of dog do you have? the one in your avantar looks gorgeous.

My dogs always want to sit on top of me for a cuddle so nothing has changed there!

Hes a staffy, called Eike :) Hes my baby :D x

Thankyou so much for your replies girls :) Im testing tomorrow so will know wether hes just been winding me up or not :) xxx

This has been a really interesting thread!! I have heard of animals being able to pick up on pregnancy hormones but haven't seen it in action. We picked my pup up after I knew I was pregnant so I can't really comment. She didn't know me when I wasn't pregnant, lol!

Good luck Pixie19!! Sending you lots of baby dust!!

I thought so Pixie, he's lovely.

I have 4 staffords :) They are great dogs

I have a Rottie and she can totally tell something is a little different. She is always wanting to be "mommy" and lays by my side or at my feet. She is a big lover though!

I think they can. My boy dog is all over me again like he was early on last time. Head on my belly and cant get close enough. He's on top of me right now. :)

Our dog has been all over me too and constantly tries to put his head on my belly.

Here's a little story for you...

I have been told that when my mum was pregnant with me, she had a cat called Sammie and she was really viscous and couldn't be trusted around children because she would swipe at them with her claws. She wasn't affectionate at all. Then as soon as she fell pregnant with me, the cat completely changed. She used to lay on my mum's lap and paw her belly (no claws out) and as soon as I was born she was like my shadow. As I got older she used to walk to school with me and my mum and wait on the roundabout outside all day until I came out at home time. I was about 12 when she died and was absolutely gutted. She was such a lovely cat.

It is amazing how animals sense change. I definately think your puppy can sense you are pregnant. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->