Can anxiety leave you feeling like you are drunk...

porkypig

Reaction score
24/7?

Ive been feeling 'drunk' for the past 9 months after I had an attack of vertigo early September. This drunken feeling had not gone away and i didnt go to the docs for ages as i just thought it was because i was having sleepless nights.

About a montyh ago i went to the doc as id had enough of feeling like this and she said it was bppv (vertigo) she prescribed me some tablets and ive been taking them but this off balance drunkenness has STILL not gone. I went back to the doc today and they are going to check my blood and refer me to an ENT.

In a way i want them to find out what the problem is, but if they dont and im still left feeling like this then i really dont know what in going to do. its really affecting my life now, ive got so many things that i should be looking forward to but im just not.
Its my 30th on saturday and dh has planned something special for me and i dont even want to do what hes planned.

I wasa thinking that it could be anxiety related as i have had panic attacks in the past and when this first happened my baby was only 5 weeks old and my grandad has just died, maybe my body couldnt cope?

Even if you dont reply and have just read, thank you for reading i just wanted to vent.:cry:

my anixety does i dont feel dizzy i just feel whoosy if that makes sense! i find its alot worse if i havent eaten or drank enough! x

yeah mine isnt a bad whole room spinning its just a woozy, off balance 'drunk' feeling. soo horrible, hope it goes xx

I have never been drunk so I couldn't really compare, but I don't get dizzy when I am anxious. However, I have seen it as a common symptom for many anxiety sufferers. It's hard to say if you have a vertigo problem that is making you anxious or an anxiety disorder that is making you have dizzy/vertigo spells. Try a book like Mind over Mood, and try to identify your negative thoughts so you can change them. Try to do some breathing exercises twice a day etc, even if your vertigo is not anxiety related you will cope better if you are calm.

this is true hun. today at the shops i came over all panicky and kept saying to myself, im ok, and then i was. the wooziness is still there bit it could even be a prolonged, exacerbated version of a panic attack. thanks for your help xxx

Your welcome :D In the UK you can get books like Mind over Mood on prescription in the UK on the national health. I do recommend it. Its good to break down what makes you panic as there are always triggers and thoughts that make this happen even if you are not aware now, then you are in power to stop it, similar to when you said to yourself "I'm okay" but much more specific to your fears. I am currently doing CBT with the book "Mastering your Anxiety and Panic", its really good. It would be good to see if you manage your anxiety if your vertigo goes or not. These are all things that are in your hands, managing your panic that is, your vertigo may or may not be in your hands, buts it worth a try trying to diminish your anxiety to see if it helps the other problem. Good luck, and did you see the asanas for yoga for vertigo in the article i mentioned in the other post?

i clicked on the link hun, but it wouldnt let me view it? xx :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->