Can any one help?

AprilMum2009

Reaction score
Hi,
I just need some info about money matters etc. Im just really confused about everything and i when i read articles on the internet, it just doesnt click in my head lol. So pleeeasseee heeeeelp meee:dohh:

Right.... im contracted 12 hours a week in my job
(most times do overtime, thats how i survive)
What maternity pay,or benefits will i qualify for?
Is it based on what you earn?...(if it is im not gonna get alot of money,based on 12 hours!! am i???
Who can i ring or go to see about benefits?

I havnt told work that im pregnant yet, Dya think i should tell them now im nearly 16 weeks.
Any help would be soooo apreciated!!!
x x x

Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't have any specific answers about what you are entitled to but I would suggest that a) Your local Citizen's Advice Bureau will be able to help you with working out what you are entitled to (or at least put you in touch with someone who can), their services are free and it's their job to help members of the public to understand their rights and so on...and b) It would be a good idea to talk to your manager and let him/her know you are pregnant as employer's have certain duties towards pregnant employees.

Your local Jobcentre Plus may also be able to help you work out which benefits you are entitled to.

Lx

Thankyou, yeah ill give citizen advice a bell tomo i think.Probs wud b the best bet eh! Didnt think of that one lol thankyou x x x

this was the best lik i've been given with regards to smp....
https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/calcs/smp.htm

hope it helps a little!

as for the telling your employer question, i would.... they should do a risk assessment with you and make allowances to protect your health/safety in the workplace. e.g. no heavy lifting, no sitting/standing for extended periods etc etc.

If I were you i'd tell your employer now as, as tiggertea said they will do risk assessments & things but I don't think you legally have to tell them until you're 26 weeks or something

I know this sounds daft but how dya tell them? Dya think a word with my supervisor would b ok? Or should i write a letter?
Thanks very much for the link, ill take a l@@k!!
x x x x

When you get into work just tell your supervisor that you'd like to speak to them in private when they have a convenient moment. They will let you know if they need a letter but chances are they will just want to see your Mat B1 certificate later on (which your midwife can give to you once you are 20 weeks or more).

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"