can any1 plz try and answer my questions :)

lauralora

Reaction score
heyy ladies

im so glad to have somewhere to post rather than bothering the women in m/c section and being negative in the pregnancy forums!

well heres my story...

i had my first m/c on the 28th of july 2009 , in september 2009 i fell pregnant again and its been a VERY anxious journey for me

apart from cramps all way through the pregnancy, (which every1 reassures me is expanding of uterus, i didnt have no actuall worries) this was untill i had sex at 14 + 4 days and immediantly after started spotting pink blood, it came in one gush 20 minutes after intercourse, and then (fingers crossed) nothing since. as you can imagine though, this has really shocked me and knocked me back into complete negative zone. anyway the night of the spotting i immediantly went to a&e, they checked my cervix and thank god it was closed, they gave me a scan the next day and the baby was fine, i also heard the heartbeat on the doppler the following day.

so here are my questions...

1. if the bleeding was coming from inside the whomb, baby or sack would the scan i had the day after shown a bleed?

2. how likley is it i would have a small spot of blood and then the baby die AFTER seeing it a day after on a scan, ( i heard usually when you spot, its because the baby has already died, is this true?)

3. because i had a spot of blood, does this mean there might be an increased chance that the baby is going to have problems at the 20 week scan?

i think thats it, if anyone could please have a shot at answering these questions, it would really help me to relax, my midwife appointment is on the 13th and im praying there will be a HB, i also have my 20 week scan on the 4th of feb.

xxxxxxxx love to you girls xxxxxxxxx

I think your cervix is more prone to bleed after sex when you're pregnant because it's softer than usual and it's blood vessels are getting more blood pumped to it. If you haven't bled since then, that might be all that happened. I think it's a good sign the scan showed everything was okay and you heard the heartbeat.

if you have any worries you must speak to your mw

dont sit worrying hun get checked out........your cervix is so soft in preg that sex often starts a bleed xxx

Hey honey.....Here is my best shot :)

1. I believe that the answer is yes, the scan would have shown that something was up. Any sort of bleed and such.

2. I don't think this is true. I had a mmc where the baby had passed away a week before my scan and had no spotting, cramping or anything to indecate something was wrong.

3. I think your baby will be fine. The bleeding was most likely as the other ladies have said, from your cervix being irriated from sex. When I was a little over 13 weeks along with my last LO after my mmc I bled after sex and freaked out!! I mean full on crazy. The doc reassured me it was from sex and my LO was fine and born healthy.

Good luck to you sweets. If you still have concerns don't be afraid to call your doc.

Hey honey.....Here is my best shot :)

1. I believe that the answer is yes, the scan would have shown that something was up. Any sort of bleed and such.

2. I don't think this is true. I had a mmc where the baby had passed away a week before my scan and had no spotting, cramping or anything to indecate something was wrong.

3. I think your baby will be fine. The bleeding was most likely as the other ladies have said, from your cervix being irriated from sex. When I was a little over 13 weeks along with my last LO after my mmc I bled after sex and freaked out!! I mean full on crazy. The doc reassured me it was from sex and my LO was fine and born healthy.

Good luck to you sweets. If you still have concerns don't be afraid to call your doc.

thankyou thats exactly what i wanted to here, about going on to have healthy pregnancies :)

the doctors really think it was just because of sex, so hopefully there right!

im trying to get a MW appointment for tomoz to here the HB rather than waiting til next week so ill let you all no how i get on, fingers crossed for me! :)

Cant really help much but I did spot with my last pregnancy and everything was just fine and went on to have a normal pregnancy.....Im sure you will be fine x

When your pregnant your cervix has a big increase in bloodflow and is more sensitive. So when you have sex the sperm can actually irratate the cervix and cause bleeding. Also internal examinantion can also do the same. This happened to me as well and scared me so much that i have gone off sex. It probably wont happen everytime. But it scared me.

If there was an active bled with the baby or sac or uterus then a sac would show it. I lost red blood at 8 weeks and the scan showed a tiny area of bled below the sac, it had cleared by 12 weeks. Unfortunutly the baby can pass after you have been scanned and everything been ok. However they would of seen some sort of problem in the scan and also your spotting was from sex. Lastly my 20 week scan showed no problems at all so there is no increased risk of there being a problem.

I cramped everyday in my 1st trimester and they where often bad. I also still cramp now every few weeks. But they much lighter and i normally find a big drink of water clears them. When i had my loss the cramps i experienced with that where very different to the pregnancy/period type ones.

I dont think we will ever stop worrying but we must try. What i do is the 2nd i get a worrying thought i call my midwife and get advise. Then the worry can go and i can get back toi enjoying myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->