can anybody help me put my mind at ease.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello,im 14 weeks pregnant and ive got a fear that baby isnt growing any more.
i dont know why but i keep thinking its not there anymore,i havnt had any bleeding.
my sickness has eased the last week or so,so i dont know if im thinking that baby isnt growing or has no heartbeat as i havnt had much sickness.

ive got the midwife in 2 weeks and im guessing she will check/listen to the heartbeat but thats in 2 weeks time.

hope someone can ease my mind.
thanks x x x x

I had this same worry early on. I went through a stage of not feeling pregnant. It's just a stage though and I'm sure you're baby is growing. If you've not had any cramping or bleeding then it's very unlikely anything is wrong. Especially since you're 14 weeks now.

no i havnt had any bleeding and i wouldnt say i had cramping.
i have had an achey belly but ive put that down to everything growing.
i have some days were i dont feel pregnant.
i havnt been feeling pregnant the last few days but have been sick in the morning(straight away when i get out of bed) then i feel fine through the day.

thanks again x x

You should be glad your morning sickness is calming down. :) I think its normal to have days were you just dont feel pregnant at all. I got like that..a few times up until my bump got noticable which was 25-28 weeks. But if you've not had bleeding or anything im sure babys fine in there!

I had this same thing, and from speaking to some other women I know, I'd say it really isn't that uncommon. The first two scans I went to I was terrified that nothing would be there! Of course, both times there was a baby there and everything was fine.

I think a lot of women go through stages of not feeling pregnant, and fear of there being nothing in there is quite common, so try not to worry yourself too much (I know, easier said than done) and just sit tight until your next antenatal when you'll get to hear your baby's heartbeat and know that everything's okay and your tiny little baby (is small but) really is doing some serious growing in there!

I'd reccommend talking about these concerns with your midwife at your next antenatal, though. I bet she hears the same thing from lots of women, and can reassure you that you're perfectly healthy - and only 5 or 6 weeks away from feeling your baby move inside you!

I've had this too recently, my nausea is almost completely gone. It really is a strange feeling once you've gotten used to have it everyday. From what I hear though this is really common in the second trimester, you go from being sick as a dog to feeling great. Quite normal. I'm sure you and the LO are fine :hugs:

Im sure your baby is fine, it's normal to have days where you don't feel pregnant :)

Nausea often stops or becomes less at around 12-14 weeks for alot of people. It happened to me both pregnancies. I went from throwing up loads and having no appetite to feeling fine and wanting to eat loads :lol: I was also worried when it happened in my 1st pregnancy but I read it was normal and everything was fine :)

xx

thank you guys.
im sure my little baby is still growing it just doesnt feel like it when i dont feel pregnant.

thank you very very much x x x

These are normal feelings. The time between when you have less symptoms and when you feel the baby move are pretty stressful because you feel like there's nothing going on. I had this feeling with both my LO's and I think I'm gonna buy a doppler the next time so I won't feel so paranoid.

Don't worry, I'm sure everything's fine :hugs:

Its normal to feel like this, especially inbetween scans/MW appts.

I had last appt at MW's two weeks ago and i will have waited 5 weeks again until next scan, and i keep thinking i hope baby's ok!

It is just normal pregnancy anxieties! It is not unusual for people to start losing symptoms at this time as the placenta starts to take over the care of baby, so hormones do not need to be raging so much now! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->