• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

can anybody please help

michelle30

Reaction score
my 4 day old son seems to be having episodes of slight choking, he will wake up with gaging and seems to have trouble bringing up the sick/mucus like he panicks and tries to swallow it back down, what he does spit out is clear but thick spit/mucus and sometimes a little vomit like milk, its really scary as he panicks and so do i slightly, ive phoned the nhs direct who just said she doesnt think there is anything serious as he doesnt go blue has not got a temp no diarrhoea and seems well hydrated etc midwife is due tmoz, but it is so scary im frightened to leave him on his own and i cant sleep, has anybody else experienced anything like this and got any tips to help clear the mucus or to help me help him not panick. ive elevated head end of moses basket and i prop him on his side to sleep, i just dont know what to do to calm him down to breath properly when it appears he is choking, somebody please help

Skin-to-skin contact helps calm babies a lot.
Lay him bare on your bare chest. He'll stay warm and can be supported in a more upright position.
Sometimes babies have quite a lot of phlegm and mucus after birth.
Trust your gut. If it's really scaring you, take him to emergency.

It maybe acid reflux. It could be his formula or breast milk. I would prop him if possible.

well i finally managed to speak to a midwife who basically said its nothing to worry about unless he goes blue, which he obviously didnt or i would of phoned 999, luckily its cleared now but was so scary at the time, thanks for your replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->